Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsboy Hats-- What do you think?

ChicagoRon

New in Town
Although I'm looking forward to soon start wearing my cold-weather fedoras (Boston's home)-- I have bought a couple of newsboy hats in recent years, kind of like the retro style and they are practical for driving, etc....
I'm looking around at them online, Bencraft Hats, some other places--- what do you recommend for style, quality, in these kind of hats? Borsalino seems to make some nice ones, for summer, fall and even wool for winter --- well made, around $100. Are there other makers to consider?
Note: I don't mean the "ivy league" hats, or the real preppy looking ones that you see in country clubs, etc... I mean the more street-looking styles of the original newsboy hats.

Any opinions, thoughts? Nice to be back on here after a long time. I think this is one of the most unique web sites I've found. Thanks.

Ron

PoohBang

Suspended
I'll third the Hat People Hat for a true Newsboy cap... If you want a modern cap then just buy any of them, but if you want a vintage type then Hat People is the one!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Jonathan Richard caps are an excellent cut and made with very substantial tweed! They can also be found as the Handsome Thug cap sold through J Peterman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe