Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW PORTIS!

Razzman

One Too Many
Just received this Portis fedora. I couldn't help myself. I had to buy it. It was supposed be grey, but it appears to be a silver sand colored. I'm very pleased with it. Anybody out there have any ideas as to the age.

It's a size 7 1/4.
Brim size is 2 5/8"
Crown height is 4 1/2"
Ribbon is 1/4"
Matching brim ribbon.
Color is silver sand?
Leather sweatband is 1 7/8" The sweatband reads Portis Americas Best Value and Sterling, on the other side it reads Swansback Water Repellant. "Custom Band"

a>

a>

a>

a>

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Razzman, thats beautiful !!! congrats You're going to be very happy.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Nice hat. I will say that the triming done on hats years ago was much better than today. I think the selection of bands was much better back then. Portis lasted until the late 1960's . The name was bought out by the Stevens Hat Co in St Joseph Mo . The Portis company itself went into the glove business and then out of business.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen. It arrived today and, I'm quite happy with it. Dinerman, I too liked the ribbon treatment. I thought it was little different than most thin ribboned fedoras.
Matt, I'll post a pic wearing it soon. I'm not crazy about thin ribboned hats, (I don't wear them well) but the overall look of this hat was appealing to me.
Mingoslim, it came from OFAS, at a reasonalbe price too.
Douglas, I have in hand, and it's a very nice hat, and in great condition. A bit dusty though.
My first Portis.

Razzman

One Too Many
Wearing My New Portis

OK, here are a couple of pictures of me wearing the new Portis. It's tough to photograph yourself, particularly when one is not photogenic.

a>

a>

D

DBFedora

It's a beauty! Looks great on you. Like the color and the ribbon, too. (You are fine, photogenically speaking as well.):fedora:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust