Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new hat (pictues added)

squid

One of the Regulars
I expected the comments to be more along the lines of "I never would have bid on a hat with such a bad description."

Here's what I got yesterday:

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

A pretty tight curl on the back of the brim.
DSC01160.jpg

Is Knox Premier an upper shelf Knox?
DSC01155.jpg

I like the store names stamped on the sweatband. It adds personality to the hat.
DSC01158.jpg

My wife says it is too small for my head shape. What do you think?
DSC01152.jpg

I was a little scared to buy this hat with the short description, lack of pictures and reminder it was sold "AS IS." When I picked up the box it reaked of cigarette smoke, and I braced for the worst. The box smells a little of smoke, but the hat just smells like an old hat. There is some old hair creme on the plastic liner, and the reeding is slightly worn in the back where to two ends come together. Otherwise it is in excellent shape. The felt is the thinnist I have seen on a nice hat, but it is very dense.

squid

One of the Regulars
BTW, it's roughly 4.5 inch crown, 2 inch ribbon, and 1.75 inch brim. The color is slightly darker brown than the pics on the box.

Under the sweatband is a tag with:
Oval REG To Duplicate TD 39500 Block 334 Size 7 1/4

MattC

A-List Customer
No older than 60s

With the colored liner, prob. closer to '70. Knox premier was a better Knox, but by that time I am not sure they were putting out much of anything else. This is near the end.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is it a size smaller than what you normally wear? I think stingies can look silly if they're perched high on the head. My Resistol is like that, it was advertised on eBay as a 7-3/8 but it had 7-1/4 stamped on the inside of the sweatband.

Ya know, my Resistol is in nice shape, too. Hmm... ;)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Your hat looks to be from the late 1950's . That was the style back then - a small brim witha tapered crown . Knox was a big name back then until it was swalloed up by HatCo . I see on the box that the hat is from Freeport Ny . Thats Long Island .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

squid

One of the Regulars
Tony in Tarzana said:
Is it a size smaller than what you normally wear? I think stingies can look silly if they're perched high on the head. My Resistol is like that, it was advertised on eBay as a 7-3/8 but it had 7-1/4 stamped on the inside of the sweatband.

Ya know, my Resistol is in nice shape, too. Hmm... ;)

It's my size. If it sat any lower it would be on my ears.

I may relist it as I don't see me wearing it much. And it was a compulsive buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally