Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hat from Art

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I am very pleased with the ultimate quality that Art provides. I received my new hat today in a beautiful hat box, and proudly join the masses of other VS hat owners. Now I understand all of the sincere praise that many post. I will wear this hat proudly for many years. Oh, and a perfect fit. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Although I am not accustomed to the higher crown, just applying a bit of steam and deepening the teardrop and pushing up the center and it was perfect. This felt really is like butter, and very easy to work with. It also holds the shape well when cooled.

Thanks Art!

art.jpg

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
thefedorastore said:
I am very pleased with the ultimate quality that Art provides. I received my new hat today in a beautiful hat box, and proudly join the masses of other VS hat owners. Now I understand all of the sincere praise that many post. I will wear this hat proudly for many years. Oh, and a perfect fit. What can I say that hasn't already been said?
Nice lid, Duane! I too recently joined the masses. Art is one of our sartorial treasures. All I can say is thanks, thanks Art for helping us make clear the extent and depth of our great fashion sense!

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
adamgottschalk said:
Nice lid, Duane! I too recently joined the masses. Art is one of our sartorial treasures. All I can say is thanks, thanks Art for helping us make clear the extent and depth of our great fashion sense!

Right on Adam. There is a time and place for every different quality and price of hat. They all serve their niche. This will be my special occasion hat. I have many, this one will be treasured most and worn occaisionally in my shop. I have Bailey hats, DPC, Stetson and Beaver Brand hats. I use Bailey, DPC and Stetson hats for knocking around, yard work or anything I do that makes me sweat. I reserve the Beaver Brand for dressing and going out, as you well know of the quality. We will be co-labeling all Beaver Brand hats with our name and slogan. Art's hat will be reserved for special use, and it's the best hat I have, even of all of the vintage.

Oh, Adam, the lovely Wayne Wichern is done. Wayne finished it and sent it out to you today.

budward

One of the Regulars
VERY nice. By the way, what exactly is the color? Looks too light for silverbelly, but maybe it's my monitor messing with the color.

Budman

RBH

Bartender
thefedorastore said:
Although I am not accustomed to the higher crown, just applying a bit of steam and deepening the teardrop and pushing up the center and it was perfect.
art.jpg
Thats what is so great about a high crown, you can adjust it to suit your style.
:eusa_clap Great looking hat by the way. :eusa_clap

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
budward said:
VERY nice. By the way, what exactly is the color? Looks too light for silverbelly, but maybe it's my monitor messing with the color.

Budman

It's silver belly. My good camera batteries took a crap and I am out. It's too cold to go get some, so this old camera I used with the flash leaves a lot to be desired. It won't even focus right.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the post Duane!!! I can't tell you how nerve wracking it is to make a hat for someone that handles them all day and knows the what to look for in construction. your compliments are accepted in high regard.

DocBob345

Familiar Face
Very Nice

Duane,

Congratulations on that beautiful new hat. And Art, your work is incredible. I really can't wait until I can get one of my own. Very soon, I hope!

Again, congrats!

Best,
Robert

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Very happy for you Duane, that's a beautiful hat! More excellent work from Art :eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Looking at hats never gets boring does it?
That is a swell looking hat. I look forward to eventually getting one of Art's hats. I have something special in mind that I have been planning...

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OK...whew!!! I didn't know who MAD DOG Earle was so I had all these visions running through my head... can I do earholes?? What color would a Mad Dog need in his wardrobe? If I don't get it right the first time..will he be a Madder Dog?
Thanks for the pic RBH...I'm so relieved

Feraud

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
OK...whew!!! I didn't know who MAD DOG Earle was so I had all these visions running through my head... can I do earholes?? What color would a Mad Dog need in his wardrobe? If I don't get it right the first time..will he be a Madder Dog?
Thanks for the pic RBH...I'm so relieved
hahaha. Sorry to scare you Art!
I was thinking of something like this.
HIGH_SIERRA-0.jpg

HIGH_SIERRA-1.jpg

HIGH_SIERRA-26.jpg

HIGH_SIERRA-01.jpg

HIGH_SIERRA-31.jpg

Possibly in a dark blue than black. I assume this color would be a bit more versatile with my outfits than black.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Bogart BASH

Bogart's hats always had an interesting hand done crown treatment.

Anyone know if he did it him self?

Feraud,

That looks like a variation on Art's "Savoy" in midnight blue.

Feraud

Bartender
WEEGEE said:
Feraud,

That looks like a variation on Art's "Savoy" in midnight blue.
Really? Thanks for the tip. I think after this year's Christmas shopping is finished I have to seriously look into getting this made.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe