Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Aero (Acme) 21996

CBI

One Too Many
One of John's newest creations:

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

here is it on the Good Wear site:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Acme21996_No3_44/

majormajor

One Too Many
Nice jacket, although, for me, I would prefer it closer fitting in the upper body and the upper sleeves.

Just a personal view:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fit looks pretty good to me. If the jacket were tighter fitting, it might be worn much less often than what appears to be a very comfortable fit. The older I get, the less I prefer tighter fitting anything - jackets, pants, shoes, hats, etc.

majormajor

One Too Many
Fit looks pretty good to me. If the jacket were tighter fitting, it might be worn much less often than what appears to be a very comfortable fit. The older I get, the less I prefer tighter fitting anything - jackets, pants, shoes, hats, etc.

Here's one for ya, Fanch:D

zarak20mens20black20and.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
I wanted a fit just like my original 21996 and this is it. Aero's from WW2 tend to be big all over. I have owned a number of originals in my size and they are roomy however, if I go down a size, they are too snug. I do like the snug look. I just posted pics of my GW Werber on the 36 Werber thread and its a trimmer fit. Interesting considering the measurements of the two jackets are almost identical.

CBI

One Too Many
its dark russet aniline HH. he used pretty grainy hides for this one.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Very nice. Looks comfie. If I amy ask... How long did it take to receive the jacket from the day your placed the order?

CBI

One Too Many
this is a photo sample jacket John Chapman made for himself but he decided it was a bit small for him. I had inquired about it anyway so it was a quick sale and not a custom order. John's photo sample/test jackets get sold from time to time but they are all size 44-46 so HE can wear/evaluate/photograph them. He and I are about the same size so when a jacket is on the smaller side for him its virtually the same dimensions as when he makes a jacket to "my" dimensions. So, I and many others have been lucky. Anyone can ask about these sample jackets but they go very fast and are always size 44-46.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82