Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need A-2 patch sewing help

Louie

Familiar Face
I just got a couple of patches for my A-2 and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could send it to get them sewed on?

If not, what kind of thread should be used to do the job?

Thanks.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Don't make the same mistake I made and assume a tailor will know what to do. I have a terrible zig-zag stitch holding my patches on right now. The only saving grace is he closely matched the thread colour to the patch colour, so you really can't see it too well unless you're close. :eusa_doh:
A number of my friends have had their patches sewn on by a shoe repairman. They have the right machines for single-row stitching leather.

skbellis

One of the Regulars
Cobbler...

I concur with Kilroy. I had the leather name strip sewn on my A-2 by a local cobbler (shoe repair man). They have all of the equipment to sew leather. Good Luck.

---Scott

kampkatz

Practically Family
Out here in rural Pennsylvania many of the Mennonite saddle/shoe shops can handle any leather jacket sewing job. I had a zipper replaced on an old A2 and no one could tell it was replaced.

Many originals were not done too neatly.
A shoe shop should be able to do it with(not real heavy) 100% cotton thread. Just make sure that you are familiar with just where the patches should be placed...and draw a diagram for the seamstress!
Here is an example on an my original A2.....

100_0374.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe