Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery Uniform Pants

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
I picked these up yesterday at a local thrift store for $3.99. Unlike any I've seen before, but they looked old so I snagged them. They're pretty heavy olive drab wool with lots of pockets an buttons. The tags says "M & S" with various sizes and 10-62 stamp (is that a date?) and a more intricate white stamp inside the legs with a stylized "A".

Any resident FL military experts have a clue what these are/ how old they are? Thanks!

julypantssmall1.jpg

julypantssmall2.jpg

julypantssmall10.jpg

julypantssmall9.jpg

julypantssmall8.jpg

julypantssmall7.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Looking through my U.S. Army uniform reference books I don't find anything like those.
They look British to me. I don't know what era but I'd would definitely say British.

Flieger

Practically Family
The label inside those pants don't look like any label I've seen here in Sweden... The pants does look a bit a like the m/39-m/58 type pant but there should be leather straps on the ankles. Also, Swedish army clothes are almost always marked with a triple-crown somewhere. [huh]

Flieger

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
West German 1960s or later.

They're referred to as "Filzlaus"(Felt lice).

Itchy and scratchy.

Hah-ha! Yes, very scratchy, and given that it's in the 80s-90s here, I won't be putting them on any time soon. But for some reason I couldn't pass them up.

Thanks for every ones input.

Marv

A-List Customer
Hey, could have been manufactured by that good old british clothing company Marks & Spencer (M&S).....you never know :)

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
Marv said:
Hey, could have been manufactured by that good old british clothing company Marks & Spencer (M&S).....you never know :)

You know, I saw that "M&S" and wondered that myself. The plot thickens.

I'm only slowly learning about uniform nomenclature. I wish there were some good reference books.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Could be a British manufacturer. I have a West German Black Beret that was made by a famous British beret manufacturer, the name escapes me at the moment.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
BellyTank said:
West German 1960s or later.

They're referred to as "Filzlaus"(Felt lice).

Itchy and scratchy.

You're the second Lounger to ask about these.

B
T

I thought they were West German, but I wasn't sure. I had a pair that I wore hunting about 20 lbs. ago. They are very warm and the waterproof knees make them excellent for hunting and fishing. They are itchy, I wore flannel pj bottoms under mine. This place has them...http://www.armynavysales.com/Mercha..._Code=01&Product_Code=MP107&Category_Code=PNT

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
J.S.Udontknowme said:
I thought they were West German, but I wasn't sure. I had a pair that I wore hunting about 20 lbs. ago. They are very warm and the waterproof knees make them excellent for hunting and fishing. They are itchy, I wore flannel pj bottoms under mine. This place has them...http://www.armynavysales.com/Mercha..._Code=01&Product_Code=MP107&Category_Code=PNT

Yep, that's totally them. Thanks B.T. and J.S. The FL is a definitely a place to come for expertise. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe