Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mycustomtailor.com - Is it worth it?

Mycustomtailor.com - Worth It???

• Yes, I would order from them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, stay away.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike K.

One Too Many
Greetings all,
I've been reading through all the old threads regarding Mycustomtailor.com and there seems to be a lot of mixed results. Some have received excellent suits while others have had problems. I've been debating using this website to purchase a vintage-patterned suit. In a nutsell, is it worth it or are there too many problems to contend with? Thanks for your advice.
-Mike

tofu

New in Town
well i just ordered from mysuitshop last week, which seem to be the same people as mycustomtailor, except with less expensive fabrics.

paid $306 total for the suit

dispatch time says the 29th, so it should be a few days earlier than that.

while i didn't ask for a vintage style cut, i did require a snug fit and high armholes, which seem to be the most important to the fellas on this forum.

i'll let you know how it goes

tofu

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
Since opinions vary so much, it's hard to give advice. I've had nothing but good experiences with them ... Though i also used the mysuitshop direction. You pays your money and takes your chances, i'm afraid.

bk

around what time did you order your suit? perhaps the people having problems with odd cuts (more fabric on one side than the other, too baggy, etc..) ordered during a period where they were having some quality control issues

edit: i also remember someone mentioning they go in and ninja alter your measurements, which really bothered them. they didn't seem to do that with mine, even though i made sure to inform them that i was a "measuring amateur" and to use their judgement on anything that seemed off.

tofu

New in Town
well, my suit arrived today from mysuitshop.com

for the $300 i paid, it's very worth it. they followed my instructions to a tee on everything aside from the chest pocket.

everything fits snug and perfect just how i wanted it, and the list of details i gave them were interpreted very well.

i gave them these instructions (copy and pasted from e-mail)

---
slim fit*
-narrow lapel and notched
-SINGLE breasted and SINGLE button closure (very important)
-SINGLE functional sleeve button (very important)
-high armholes (very important)
-flat pants (no pleats)
-slit pockets on jacket (no ticket pocket)
-double vented jacket
-single back pocket on pants instead of two. (put it on the right side)
---

and supplied them with some photos for the suit i wanted to reproduce.

the high armholes could've been done better, as there still is some slight pulling upward of the jacket when i raise my arms, but the armholes are a lot better than my dolce & gabbana and armani suits. i'm sure if you stress, measure, and describe this more to them, they'll get it done.

if all you're used to is buying off the rack suits, you should be pleasantly surprised. only downside is there arent any fancy tags or buttons to show off an expensive brand, but who cares?

what i plan on doing next time (if i buy from them instead of an expensive bespoke tailor) is supply my own fabric and increase my ass size by 1 or so inches.

They'll give a you a good custom suit when they get it right. As everyone here knows, I 've had bad experiences and will not be ordering from them again. They still can't get the high armholes right, and then there's the button debacle I'm still sorting through. I think with return shipping, customs, calls to Bangkok, the bleaching for the buttons ($80) the new buttons ($72 - okay, I sprung for horn, but what a difference) and having the new buttons sewn on ($69 for 23 buttons) I've spent an extra $400.

What i like about MyTailor.com is that they have an office in California, so returns go through that office and you don't have to worry about shipping or calling Hong Kong. I got some shirts from them and am now awaiting my first suit. Plus, Joe has his tours where you can get measured and talk with him. (Though I think I did drive him crazy.)

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe