Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Prize Came Today!!! My New Lid!!!

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
I had the pleasure of joining some of the finest people this year on board the Queen Mary and during the "Fedora Lounge" dinner event there where prizes handed out much like during the "COW " dinner event. Well I ended up winning a $300.00 custom made fedora from Art Fawcett. So after dinner I had a chance to talk to Art alone and told him I was really looking to get a new Indy Fedora and he informed me he had never made an "Indy Fedora" before and wasn't going to make any promices but he'll see what he could do. So after 4 months of me getting updates from PM's and Art sending me this odd disc shape item I had to put on my head to measure it...this arrived on my doorstep today.

129745219.jpg

As soon as I saw that sticker I was like a kid on Christmas morning... I ripped open the box to find-
129745227.jpg

After opening the plastic inside the box I found this though-
129745221.jpg

129745231.jpg

129745238.jpg

129745243.jpg

129745252.jpg

129745258.jpg

The sweatband had my initinals punched into it. It is truly an amazing work of art. (Pun intended) I'm am so pleased with it. Hope you all like it too. ART if this indeed is your first attempt at an Indy hat... well what can I say "My hats off to you."

The reason there are no pictures of me wearing it is because I have yet to block it... and to be honest I'm a little scared too I'm afraid I'll screw it up. Help?

-DocIndyJones

Shhhhh!

C'mon, you guys. If everybody hears about what a terrific hat you can get from Art, and at such a reasonable price, he'll get flooded with orders and then we'll all have to wait for him to get caught up. And he's supposed to be "retired," for cryin' out loud!
But it IS hard not to rave, ain't it, DocIndyJones? My Art hat arrived yesterday. I have never in all my hat-wearing years encountered such a fine specimen. Everything about it is clearly superior--the felt (gawd, the felt), the sweatband (what is that leather, angel thigh?), the styling (my goodness, the styling), the craftsmanship. Maybe the King of the World once had a better hat, but somehow I doubt it.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
THAT MAN CAN

Most beautiful hat!

Great simplicity on the liner...function and design married at last.

DocIndyJones...congratulations.

Art...nice vision.

:cheers1:

Wolf

New in Town
Very beautiful hat, I've been looking on his web site and want one very bad.

Why do you have to block it if it's new? I must be missing something?

Jay

Practically Family
Yes, yes, very nice lid. Heck, I even thought the sticker on the box was really cool looking. Great work, Art!

Remarkable, noteworthy, striking, and extraordinary in both exacution of design and quality, all the while a sheer delight to the eye.

May this hat bring you all the luck you need and all the adventure you wish for!

Sincerely,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally