Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New G&B Jackets

Technonut

Practically Family
I was quite surprised by a thud on my deck today, since I was not expecting anything until tomorrow or Friday. I saw the "big brown truck" drive off, and look what I found earlier than expected..... (Nice when that happens in this hobby huh? ;) )

Gibson & Barnes Historic Horsehide Mk 41 A-2 (Mahogany)

TO SEE JACKETS MENTIONED CLICK HERE FOR G&B SITE.

I would not hesitate in steering anyone to Gibson & Barnes.... ;) The sales people (Drew, Rene'e, and Dan) were attentive, and very accommodating to my requests. It is refreshing to me in this day and age. :) The jackets are flawless, and fit very well. The quality is top-shelf. (Can you tell I like them? :D )

I'm glad the jackets arrived early... It helps to take my mind off of the Aero Highwayman that has been stuck in Customs for the last two days. :mad: Hopefully, good things will come in 3's....

Peacoat

Bartender
Nice jacket, and yes, I can tell you like it!

When did you order your Highwayman? The reason I as is that I am also waiting on a Highwayman and wondered how close it might be toward being shipped. I ordered mine on February 16. It will be five weeks this Friday. I figure I have another week or so to wait.

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
3 new jackets, bang-bang-bang.

God bless you for not showing much restraint. I've had my Highwayman about 6 weeks now, and I'm itching to add to the collection.

And the thing is, when you buy quality, any slight sting you feel when placing the initial order goes away very quickly, unlike the never-ending sour taste left by going cheap.

Not that I have to tell you, but I'm sure you're going to enjoy all those great jackets.

Technonut

Practically Family
Peacoat said:
Nice jacket, and yes, I can tell you like it!

When did you order your Highwayman? The reason I as is that I am also waiting on a Highwayman and wondered how close it might be toward being shipped. I ordered mine on February 16. It will be five weeks this Friday. I figure I have another week or so to wait.

The Highwayman was ordered on February 2nd. From what I gather, Aero was caught-up with some large Japanese order, (Or something like that) and got a little behind... So, yours should be coming your way very soon Peacoat

My Wife took care of all the emails with Amanda at Aero. She wanted me to have the Aero and G&B's as gifts from her. I really don't deserve the woman... :eek:

Mine was shipped on March 16th, and hit New York on the 19th. (Monday) I have heard stories about Customs taking 5 days to clear. :eek: (I hope not)

Thanks for the compliments on the jackets all.... :)

kojax

Practically Family
technonut nice leather jackets.....how long did it take to get your jackets from g-b.......i have a a2 from flight suites nice jacket goatskin.....i am thinking of getting a g-1 from flight suites.....i see you oreded the g-i with out the fur collar......

Technonut

Practically Family
Those are indeed beautiful jackets Technonut.

Can't wait to see the Aero!

Thanks Kt.... :) I will be sure to post pics of the Highwayman. ;)

What is actually the cost for an A-2?

wurtzburg: G&B still honors their web price of $438.00, (USD) but their catalog price is around $100.00 higher. Fantastic price for a quality horsehide A-2 IMO, especially compared to the other "big name" offerings at double, or sometimes triple the cost. I do not know if G&B offers international shipping... It would not hurt to ask.. ;) http://www.flightsuits.com/leather_a2_hist_horse.html

technonut nice leather jackets.....how long did it take to get your jackets from g-b.......i have a a2 from flight suites nice jacket goatskin.....i am thinking of getting a g-1 from flight suites.....i see you oreded the g-i with out the fur collar......

Thanks kojax... :) If I am not mistaken, I think that G&B are currently running 4 weeks on jackets that need to be made. Mine took a couple of weeks, but it was before they got busy. ;)

G&B offers a very nice ANJ-3 http://www.flightsuits.com/leather_anj3.html which has the A-2 front and collar with the G-1 back at a reasonable price.

EDIT: I just checked ParcelForce tracking for the Aero again:

22-03-2007 02:52 Delivery Agent - NEW YORK -PTT.......On route to delivery depot

:) :) :)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like that mahogany colour Technonut, those are great photos. When I can afford it, I'd like to purchase an A-2 from G&B. Your pics and testimonial are another strong incentive for me to do so.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
I ordered a G&B ANJ-3. For the price on the web which they honored (378) you can't beat it. Should be here in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Technonut said:
The Highwayman was ordered on February 2nd. From what I gather, Aero was caught-up with some large Japanese order, (Or something like that) and got a little behind... So, yours should be coming your way very soon Peacoat

My Wife took care of all the emails with Amanda at Aero. She wanted me to have the Aero and G&B's as gifts from her. I really don't deserve the woman... :eek:

Mine was shipped on March 16th, and hit New York on the 19th. (Monday) I have heard stories about Customs taking 5 days to clear. :eek: (I hope not)

Thanks for the compliments on the jackets all.... :)

Your a very lucky man. My wife is ready to kick me out because of my A-2 "hobby". Nice purchases. I had a G&B russet Historical, was a very nice piece. The goat looks great.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Here is mine...

Feraud said:
The G&B is starting to look very attractive to me. Does anyone have the Historical Horse in Russet? I would love to see the color.
Thanks.

Here is mine I bought off Ebay...I got it for $255.00...:eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170070777110

d1d6_1.JPG

d315_1.JPG

d46d_1.JPG

bfrench

Familiar Face
Technonut said:
I was quite surprised by a thud on my deck today, since I was not expecting anything until tomorrow or Friday. I saw the "big brown truck" drive off, and look what I found earlier than expected..... (Nice when that happens in this hobby huh? ;) )

GBjack012.jpg

Hi, Technonut,

Great looking jackets - the mahogany shows the same as the one I have.

Two things that I've noticed on yours is that the diameter of the armhole and arms seems smaller making the jacket look very authentic.

Could you do a pic with your arms straight out sideways to show how the arms and arm hole diameter.

If that's the case - if they have tweaked the pattern - then there'll be an order for a russet horsehide next week.

BTW - what size are they and are they regular or tall?

Thanks,

Bill French

Technonut

Practically Family
Hi, Technonut,

Great looking jackets - the mahogany shows the same as the one I have.

Two things that I've noticed on yours is that the diameter of the armhole and arms seems smaller making the jacket look very authentic.

Could you do a pic with your arms straight out sideways to show how the arms and arm hole diameter.

If that's the case - if they have tweaked the pattern - then there'll be an order for a russet horsehide next week.

BTW - what size are they and are they regular or tall?

Thanks,

Bill French

Thanks Bill... :) I have been looking at many authentic WW2 pics with lots of A-2's, and noticed that the G&B looks close to many of them regarding the fit. From what I have been seeing, there is some misconception going on about how the repo A-2's should be a very trim or tight fit. Not from what I have seen so far.. ;)

Look for some pics of the arm diameter tomorrow evening. I wore myself out today beating the hell out of my new Aero Highwayman... :eek: I actually sat the jacket up by it's self on the floor at first. That front quarter horse is some tough stuff, but I got it half way tamed today... :)

Both of the G&B's are 42R... I have a dead 44 inch chest, and somewhat of a gut, but research that I have done pointed to going down a size for the best fit. I'm glad I did... ;)

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
if the pattern has been updated a russet goat may be in order. I was going to get one from Eastman, but I have always had an interest in the G&B historical goat. Please post some pics withthe sleeves straight:)

Technonut

Practically Family

Here you go....

gbmag002.jpg

gbmag007.jpg

I'm not sure about any "pattern tweaking" from G&B, but I do know that I really like the fit of both jackets. The fit is better than some "custom size" deals that I have had done in the past... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82