Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first vintage hat

squid

One of the Regulars
So hanging out here got me looking at vintage hats on ebay, and now I've gone and won two. The first arrived today. It's a Borsalino Diamante Twenty Five. I did a search here and it looks like at least a couple of Loungers own similar hats. Any comments from other owners?

It looked a little beat up in the auction, but other than a stained liner it's in good shape. The liner is sewn in, and there are two paper tags under the sweat band. One tag is on the back of the sweatband with "V-8", "Lot C-I76", 7 1/4, and "Price 25". The second tag is attached to the body just below the liner with "3401 35798 MELASSO 7 1/4". I read the threads on dating Borsalinos, but I'm guessing this one wasn't made in the 1930s. Any comments on the date?

I especially like the finish on the edge of the brim. It's turned down and sewn, but you almost can't see the seam from the top. It's a very tight job. And since someone revived a thread on feathers let me say this one stays. If it had been much bigger it would have to go.

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

There should be another hat in the mail. I'll post when it arrives.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
ITS ONE OF my Favorites...

squid,

I have 2 "Diamante" twenty-fives great hats. I did not post in the Beater fourm but i wear one with care the other is my beater. I also find that its
a brim up hat...mine just do not like to be snaped down. The other thing about the felt finish its great but the first time you get some rain on it you
may panic...don't... after the hat drys it brushes back to its original state.

enjoy,

WeeGee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally