Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Beaver Brand stingy bowler!

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I purchased from the Fedora Store this Beaver Brand Heritage stingy-brimmed bowler, in kangaroo color.

bbbowler1.jpg

Time from placing the order to the time I received the hat: 2 1/2 weeks--and Duane was even on vacation when I placed the order!

The hat is fab, exactly what I wanted and what I ordered. I said 23"--it fits me like a glove. I asked for no pin and no feather and that's what I got.

The quality of the felt is at least as good as that of my vintage fedoras, Borsalino, Beaver Brand, Cavanagh, and others. It's plush and supple, robust without being too stout or too flimsy. I love the color. I can't imagine many outfits with which it wouldn't work (okay, maybe it wouldn't go so well with black).

I've never worn a bowler/derby before. The moment I put this on, I could tell why this style was once the style for "everyman." It goes as well with formal attire as it does with a t-shirt :eek: I've never seen one with such a stingy brim (1 3/8" curled)--just my bag! Out and about, you notice the hat--I think of it as "boss"--but it also blends in with everyday life perfectly. I just love the plain, perfect, boxy crown.

All in all, I will gladly buy another Beaver Brand in future. And much respect must go to Duane and co. for running such a great operation, so dedicated to good service--and great hats! Beaver Brand is doing right by traditions of quality fur-felt American hats. Don't hesitate. Thanks, Duane! (Sorry I couldn't get more/better pictures...I rarely can track friends down to take my picture, so I'm stuck doing it alone, which. as many of you know, is not the easiest proposition in the world, at least not if you want a good photo...)

WEEGEE

Practically Family
I DO SO LIKE THAT HAT

Adam,

I think you are a trend setter that is one great bowler/derby.

I have had thoughts of a more everyday derby then i own...the stingy brim

is it!!! and the camel color is excellent...looks good on you man...lets see it

in a dressed situation soon.

Could you say what it cost or pm

Thank you and regards,

WeeGee

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments, all. WEEGEE, I did PM you with the price.

On the color topic, my mother recently gave me a page full of fabric strips that are the "color ways" she, my brother, and I share. This color was firmly planted in there, so I had a good feeling it would suit me. I generally look OK in browns. I also wanted something that I could wear for different occasions and in different seasons. I think this color hits the mark.

Thanks again.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks!

That really looks great on you. The photo quality is a-ok too...nice window light breaking to yr. right... nice collection of stingies back there too:eusa_clap
Thanks also for the Beaver Brand review, I like the looks of what they offer.
I have only had occasion to do a little buisness with The Fedora Store but also found them to be straight shooters, not to mention dedicated supporters of The Fedora Lounge!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Now, place it on you head with a jaunty tilt, wear the proper suit, tie and rolled umbrella (with hidden sword of course) you could pull possibly pull off John Steed.:eusa_clap

John_Steed.jpg
28122.jpg

avengers68_3-5_1.jpg
steed_photo.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally