Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Alert - Tonight 3/21

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
For all classic mystery fans:

TCM (Turner Classic Movies) tonight is doing a Saint mini-marathon.

THE SAINT IN NEW YORK was just on...

The rest are the Saints' starring George Sanders.

Great fun!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I started watching it, but it was just too dopey. I found the lead character just too obnoxious. Couldn't stay up for Sanders, tho I'll bet I would have liked him better. Give me Philo Vance or Bulldog Drummond! Skinny moustaches rule!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Yeah Louis Hayward in The Saint in New York seems like he's a crazy maniac.

Sanders is a lot more polished.

The Saint is coming back! TNT has bought the rights for a new Saint series and Roger Moore's son Geoffery is rumored to be playing Simon Templar. They have hired some Saint experts to help create the series so it should be much better than the Val Kilmer movie a few years back.

Mr. Pinstripe Suit

New in Town
And Last Night...a Boston Blackie Marathon!

I am SO happy that TCM lets me get email alerts as I pick over their listings each month/week. I was actually watching The Saint and cruising the TCM web site and set email reminders for Boston Blackie's night o' fun. :eusa_clap

If you don't already have a TCM logon, you should register and scan the monthly listings, then send yourself reminder(s) for the cool things. I do it even for things I'll tape overnight because some of their best picks are while I'm asleep.

Kevin
"Mr. Pinstripe Suit"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82