Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Floppy Stetson yet

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here are couple of pics of a Stetson I bought a few weeks ago. I believe this Stetson has absolutely NO stiffner whatsoever in it. It is the softest, floppyest Stetson I have owned to date. Even more floppy than my vintage borsalino's. The felt is in very very good condition, no bites or nibbles and the inside is exceptionally clean. It is an Open Road 3X, I have no idea of when it was made, it has a brown sweatband, but the liner has small little tabs of tape like paper holding it in, it's not sewn. I have an older borsalino that had the same thing in it. Anyway for $40.00 and no shipping costs it was well worth it.

fedoralover

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
There's a small loop that comes off the button that you put the string through and then it loops around the crown, if that makes sense. It's just that this one's loop is just a little bigger than other's I've had and I think it's twisted so it looks like there's 2.

fedoralover

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Good looking Open Road Fedoralover! Love the color. I've been waiting for one on ebay in my size to pounce on but the pricing for those seem to skyrocket once I put a bid in. Go figure. I've been trying to find one to be able to shape it into Jeff Bridges hat in Seabiscuit. :)
Great deal you got too. Enjoy it in good health.

Cheers!

Dan

Victor

One of the Regulars
I have exactly the same hat/ Extremely soft felt. Mine was $25 at an antique store and yes it was a 7 1/2 which is a bit large for me. I tried to shrink it with the lightbulb method and ended up destroying the sweat. i had Art replace the sweat and now its good but I do regret ruining the (then) perfect Stetson sweat band. Its a great afind and a great price, wear it in good health!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Victor, a safer way is to turn the sweatband down and wet it with a sponge and then dry it with a blow dryer. You can regular how hot it is and not ruin the sweatband. I've done it numerous times this way with good results.

regards fedoralover

riccardo

Practically Family
Great hat.

Hi fedoralover,
you've a lot of very nice hats, i'm a little envious :rage: .
I'll shape my open road like your, when it arrive to me,i like it very much.

p.s. if you will come in sicily bring yourself your hats, i would like to see them by near.

With compliments.
Riccardo.

budward

One of the Regulars
I have nothing different to add to what's already been said, but am moved to repeat that it's a beautiful find. Lucky guy.

bud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S