Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minneapolis vintage stores - suggestions?

fancydancer

New in Town
hi all -

would anyone have any feedback on good vintage stores in the Minneapolis area? looking for better quality men's, older than 60s (at the latest, that's pushing it). not looking for thrift shop suggestions, etc, just interested in finding the retail shops. if there are any larger antique malls where there might be dealers with some vintage, that's good info, too.

tia

The Shirt

Practically Family
I hate to admit I have only paid vague attention to menswear, but I will list those that I know have at least a small amount. There is Lula in St. Paul, Melrose Antiques in NE (seen a fedora or 2 there but slim pickings), Via's, and Rewind Vintage in NE. The larger Ragstock in North MPLS has some men's wear but I think most of it is latter day stuff rather than what you may be looking for. I guess they take some digging. Tatters in Uptown may have something as well.

Up Six near Lula may or may not have Men's attire. There is also the Corner shop - but not sure if they have Men's either. Downtown Hopkins, Main street I believe, has a few scattered antique malls. I did note that there were some hats scattered around but I don't recall there being much in the way of attire.

Those are the few I know of - good luck.

fancydancer

New in Town
Nobodyspecial and The Shirt - thank you very much! Will be there in the next several days so I appreciate the quick responses. Had seen some postings on the Interwebs about Via, and that seemed the best for a proper "store" (as vintage goes...) in town. Will start there. All of The Shirt's recs are duly noted! many thx

fishmeok

Vendor
For some reason the Salvation Army in Stillwater seems to have a lot of good stuff, I stop there every time I head for the river....

Cheers
Mark

The Shirt

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge Tia. If you get downtown Minneapolis, stop by my store and say hello.
Marty Mathis

Marty - I work downtown and one of these days when the temp isn't so darn excruciating, I'm going to sneak in and see you.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
^I work downtown too.

As for stores you could also try The Corner Store. I don't really pay attention to there menswear but I know they have it. And Tatters may have some good things. There's also B-Squad on 38th and Nicollette. It is small and packed and again I don't know what she has for menswear.

fishmeok

Vendor
nobodyspecial said:
Where in Stillwater is the Salvation Army store? I check out Stillwater's goodwill store from time to time, but have yet to see the newly built goodwill store.

My bad, I meant the Goodwill right off 36. I didn't know they were building a new store though...

Cheers
Mark

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I think by now the new store is open and I also think it's on the opposite side of highway 36. Two years ago I came out of that store with 5 pair of Willis and Geiger cargo shorts, new with tags. That was a fun set of ebay auctions. I'll likely never get that lucky again.

fishmeok

Vendor
deadpandiva said:
^I work downtown too.

As for stores you could also try The Corner Store. I don't really pay attention to there menswear but I know they have it. And Tatters may have some good things. There's also B-Squad on 38th and Nicollette. It is small and packed and again I don't know what she has for menswear.

Tatters isn't bad at all, they have a good selection of leather jackets and misc. stuff. Too bad Theater Antiques next door closed down.

From what I've been reading on the VLJ list Macy's recently started selling a Polo line loosly based on WWII AAF and vintage styles, have not had time to check them out though.

If you get to downtown Hokins (West Metro) there are several antique malls and stores within 3 blocks on the main drag, but the vintage clothing is hit or miss.

Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe