Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Macy's TV Commercial

panamag8or

Practically Family
Gingerella72 said:
Did anyone see the TV commercial for Macy's Veteran's Day sales this weekend?

They had three women dressed up a' la the Andrew's Sisters a' la Christina Aguilera's candy man video, dancing to something that sounded like "In the Mood" while they showed clips of what items were on sale. The makeup was pretty authentic looking, but their hair was done up in complex looking rolls that looked like they were trying for a caricature of the WWII look. I applaud them for trying, though.

Perhaps this means another trend towards the swing era is poised and ready like in the mid-90's?

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I wanted to, but didn't get around to it. Their hair looks awful! You gals here have spoiled me with the perfect victory rolls.:eek:

K

kpreed

I saw that commercial and it did get my attention, but only the "look" of the 1940's attracted me, I learned only here it was from Macy's.
Yes, I do listen to the Sisters, but I find the original artists did the songs way better. Just my two cents.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Dani California said:
i had the same thought about their hair when the commercial came in at work.

Does anybody listen to the Puppini Sisters?

Was it them? I never saw the commercial, but I reckon I'll look for it when /I get a chance. I bought their cds and really loved the first one. I'm not as fond of the second one which cam out last month, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe