Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

m65 identification

fender62

New in Town
seen this m65 jacket for sale, i have doubts about yr, issued or not, civilian etc, possible value.

Attachments

• m65-1.jpg
    m65-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • m65-2.jpg
    m65-2.jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 64
  • m65-3.jpg
    m65-3.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 64

Observe

One Too Many
DSA on the tag in your first picture stands for Defense Supply Agency. The 64 indicates it was produced in 1964.

Whether or not that is a legitimate vintage jacket or a reproduction, I can't tell for sure. Maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge can chime in.

The number on the tag in your second picture seems to mainly be associated with M-51 jackets, and I notice the collar looks more like an M-51, not the M-65 with the collar zipper which contains a hood.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Yes it isnt an M-65, the collar is completely different, likewise the cuffs, epaulettes and exterior waist drawstring. It does look pretty new for something which (if you go off the attached insignia at least) was used in the Korean War. Those are my observations at least - they could very well be incorrect on some counts, I am sure someone with a real depth of knowledge about these jackets will provide more info.

Last edited:

fender62

New in Town
im of the mind this is maybe for the civilian market m51, and seller put the patches not knowing what he or she was doing then trying to pass it off a genuine issued, i could be wrong, id love to see the inside patch stitching.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Time for some tags from jackets I've seen in the past on eBay. I'll post these in separate posts so they don't get mixed up. On some old jackets the cloth tags clearly shrunk during (repeated) cleaning and were even resewn back on. Some tags weren't sewn on but were stamped directly onto the lining.

30.jpg 36.jpg 35.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld