Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking To Buy A Copy Of This Hat

Earp

One of the Regulars

I like this one. I'd like to get one just like it, and in the same hat color and ribbon color, in fur felt. How would the more experienced loungers describe it's crown height (I think it's a "C"), and general characteristics? It has a 2 1/2" brim. I'd want it in fur felt. I like what appears to be a lower crown on this one.

grayfedora.jpg

What kind of general price range would this fall into? Are there ready made ones like this out there or would I have to have it custom made? Don't know if I can afford a custom made one at this time but I love wearing fedoras and I need a gray one. :)

Thanks for any help.
--Wyatt--

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Earp, if that's a 2 1/2" brim, then I'm guessing that the crown was probably no more than 5 1/2" before it was bashed. You could probably bash a Federation to look similar, but their gray is darker and richer, and the brim would be wider. Another option is www.jimmypiercedesigns.com. His custom rabbit fur felt hats are priced similar to the Federation Deluxe, and so far seem close in quality. He's good at copying hats from a picture, too.
NB

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is without a doubt the Scala Fur Felt Fedora (F13)
* Material: Genuine Fur Felt
* Shape: Pinch Front
* Trim: 16-Ligne Grosgrain,
Raised Double Bow
* Raw-Edged Brim
* Brim: 2 5/8"
It is an ok hat, but I would tend to favor an Akubra (the fedora model from hatsdirect.com. maybe or the stylemaster if you favor a bound brim.) for its lower price & higher quality.

... just my .02

Earp

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for your input.

Wow Rick Blaine!! Talk about a definitive identification! I look forward to learning hats that well!

Thanks again.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rick Blaine said:
That is without a doubt the Scala Fur Felt Fedora (F13)
* Material: Genuine Fur Felt
* Shape: Pinch Front
* Trim: 16-Ligne Grosgrain,
Raised Double Bow
* Raw-Edged Brim
* Brim: 2 5/8"
It is an ok hat, but I would tend to favor an Akubra (the fedora model from hatsdirect.com. maybe or the stylemaster if you favor a bound brim.) for its lower price & higher quality.

... just my .02

There was another thread that mentioned the Akubra Fedora is the name HatsDirect uses for the Sydney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe