Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long oval hats

hathead

New in Town
Do any modern hat manufactures make long oval. I can only seem to find these in vintage hats. I think my head was smashed as a child because my best fitting hat is vintage long oval Champ.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I think I recall that modern hat manufacturers don't do ovals very often. But custom hatters regularly do, of course. Hopeful one of the more informed regulars will confirm.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you are looking for a factory made fedora you are SOL. But if you want a factory made western they still make them.
Johnny

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Current makers of off-the-shelf Long Oval hats?

What companies offer a Long Oval shape? Bonus if they offer an Extra-Long Oval.

Even if it's special-request rather than off-the-shelf, would be welcome in this thread.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
I'm not aware of any modern hat manufacturers turning out long ovals. There may be some, but I have yet to see one. One of the several Lounge members who deal in modern hats would certainly know. A custom hatter would be able to make a long oval or an extra long oval. Art Fawcett does a fine job, through the process of sending a conformer measuring device to his clients, of making hats that fit really well.

majormoore

Vendor
There are several big hat factory's that make long oval hats, most I know of are western hats, here are 3 that I know of Atwood Hats, American Hat Co, Master Hatters of Texas.

Find a retail store that carries one of or all of these brands, the hats from them are Long Oval only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe