Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London tailor to alter Aero (suede) jacket?

Stand By

One Too Many
If I may, Sir Jacket, my suggestion would be that you send it to Aero. I'd let the tailor(ess) who made the jacket alter the jacket. They know the jacket down to the stitch, so who better than to work on it so that it doesn't look altered and maintain its character?
Unless you need the jacket for a vacation or something, I'd say some things are just worth waiting for. And the expense? If you love the jacket and intend to wear it for many years, I'd pay it.
Having been in your position needing leather repairs and alterations over the years, I just wouldn't take a needless risk with a tailor whose quality I can't ensure with something I value like that. Adding patches or something, sure, but not an alteration.
Just my Canadian 2 cents (now worth a mere 1.39 cents US and less by the day!).

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Yes, in this case I'd agree with the crowd. You'll be unlikely to find a great tailor who'll do it cheaper than Aero, and if the difference is only having to wait eight weeks, I'd be much happier having it done by Aero.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just want to warn you against General Leather in Baker street. They made my first leather jacket and made some alteration to my Schott 644 and they screwed up both jobs.
They seem unable to get things right the first time, both jackets ended up full of needle holes where they stitched, unstitched and then stitched again somewhere else, leaving empty holes everywhere.

I agree with everyone else, send it back to Aero.

zebedee

One Too Many
Aero will do the job best. It's only 8 weeks and they won't pincushion it. If you have other jackets, give them some extra wear in the meantime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld