Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liberation Now! The BK Liberty HH Thread

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm waiting for mine, deciding between the seal, with a bit of a wait for supply, or the dark seal which is available now. I'm hoping it's not too too dark.....very interested in people's thoughts.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I'm curious if different batches of Liberty (or Victory) HH have varying degrees of specific characteristics? Are some batches grainier? Thicker? Display more reddish undertones?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I have an Aeronaut A1 made using their new seal Liberty. And I'll just come out and say it: I wasn't thrilled with the hide right out of the box. The leather had an incredibly soft hand to it, and I thought the color was frankly boring. It just doesn't seem to have the color depth or leather density (at least by hand feel) I was hoping for.

Fast forward about a month, and my critical critism has largely been tamed. The hide has significantly come to life with grain and character. Hoping for continued positive evolution in the hide. The story continues....

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
I have one of BK's jackets in Russet Liberty HH. Personally I love it. Very different from my Aero brown FQHH but no less beautiful (in my eyes). It is mid weight, grainy in areas and smooth in others. The colour variation is an aspect I particularly like, ranging from darker shiny brown through to a duller matt like orange. I have only had it a few months and it is already developing lots of patina. Now looking forward to getting my BK A1 in seal brown Capeskin :)

A-1

One Too Many
I think it's a very interesting read. And I also think it's important to consider the overall appearance of a brand when buying from it. I personally always had a good conversation with Andy though the company sometimes comes of a little bit strange in self-advertisement. Too aggressive and just too absolute in some aspects. To me they could very much let their products speak for themselves. I think they're very different from the other makers and their Liberty HH in russet is great!
Open Front.jpg
Very good weight, still stiff and loads of character!!
Can't speak for their black and seal though. I however choose the russet as I personally found the current seal too 'normal' judging only from photos.

A-1

One Too Many
It's just sad to see that most of the latest started threads about BKs jackets become threads about the brand, rather than about their products. This fact actually says lot.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
From my experience, I quite like the Liberty. Its not heavy, easy to wear and full of characters.

Ditto, I like it a lot!

The only thing bothering me is the color fading quickly where the shoulder strap of my handbag is rubbing.

But I put some Pecard and the problem is fixed.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
It's just sad to see that most of the latest started threads about BKs jackets become threads about the brand, rather than about their products. This fact actually says lot.

Ditto, I like it a lot!

The only thing bothering me is the color fading quickly where the shoulder strap of my handbag is rubbing.

But I put some Pecard and the problem is fixed.

Hmm. After reading that I'm seriously considering using a wallet instead of a handbag......didn't carrie Bradshaw have a BK handbag? ;)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think it's a very interesting read. And I also think it's important to consider the overall appearance of a brand when buying from it. I personally always had a good conversation with Andy though the company sometimes comes of a little bit strange in self-advertisement. Too aggressive and just too absolute in some aspects. To me they could very much let their products speak for themselves. I think they're very different from the other makers and their Liberty HH in russet is great!
View attachment 27044
Very good weight, still stiff and loads of character!!
Can't speak for their black and seal though. I however choose the russet as I personally found the current seal too 'normal' judging only from photos.

Hi mate, I've looked at your original review on your BK. Very nice. Would it be possible to shoot a couple of close ups of the russet now with. Bit of wear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe