Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers Monza And Super Monza

strokes1251

Practically Family
Hello I was wondering if anybody had any of these jackets from Lewis Leathers. I searched up on Google and those pictures and the ones on
their website are good but I was wondering if anyone has any on here that they wouldn't mind showing me? I fell in love with this model back in High School and was recently able to buy one for WAY under what I was planning on spending. The jacket should be where here in about a week so I wont have pics till then. I would really want to look at the older vintage models of this jacket if you have any that would be nice. Thanks Alot you guys :)

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Hello I was wondering if anybody had any of these jackets from Lewis Leathers. I searched up on Google and those pictures and the ones on
their website are good but I was wondering if anyone has any on here that they wouldn't mind showing me? I fell in love with this model back in High School and was recently able to buy one for WAY under what I was planning on spending. The jacket should be where here in about a week so I wont have pics till then. I would really want to look at the older vintage models of this jacket if you have any that would be nice. Thanks Alot you guys :)

Well, I don't have the Monza, but I do have the Lightning 391. Where did you get yours?

mattp

One of the Regulars
I'd like to see how they wear too, I was in there last weekend and they are beautiful jackets for sure, but the leather looks so smooth, almost like 'pleather', and I've heard that wears away and they look great after a little while. Really cool shop to check out if you're in London, with the old and new jackets next to each other on the walls and some other cool memorabilia. Not to mention the jackets!

strokes1251

Practically Family
I'd like to see how they wear too, I was in there last weekend and they are beautiful jackets for sure, but the leather looks so smooth, almost like 'pleather', and I've heard that wears away and they look great after a little while. Really cool shop to check out if you're in London, with the old and new jackets next to each other on the walls and some other cool memorabilia. Not to mention the jackets!
Lucky i Plan on visiting europe during summer to visit their shop and catch the sights do you know if they sell their older models of jackets? For some reason I really love the way the older jackets look and feel.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
The originals are great! However, remember that the regular Monza in very, very short. In fact, they're so short, we sell most of ours to Japan.

The Super Monza is the jacket that Americans really seem to like, whether it's from Derik in the UK or vintage. The length is great and the fit is very nice as well.

Here's a great Monza (about 24" in body length), that we sold a while back to Japan...very nice piece... I tried to look around for a super Monza in our stock, but we don't currently have one...

LewisblueMonzafront.jpg

Lewisbluemonzaback-1.jpg

LewisblueAviakittag.jpg

strokes1251

Practically Family
The originals are great! However, remember that the regular Monza in very, very short. In fact, they're so short, we sell most of ours to Japan.

The Super Monza is the jacket that Americans really seem to like, whether it's from Derik in the UK or vintage. The length is great and the fit is very nice as well.

Here's a great Monza (about 24" in body length), that we sold a while back to Japan...very nice piece... I tried to look around for a super Monza in our stock, but we don't currently have one...

LewisblueMonzafront.jpg

Lewisbluemonzaback-1.jpg

LewisblueAviakittag.jpg
That's ice jacket to me that would fit pretty good in length because I'm about 5'8 5'9 ishh but yes alot of the LL jackets that came up would be from Japan and they would charge top dollar :( shame that you don't have a super Monza I would have loved to be able to see more detailed pics of one. Quick question since you appear to probably know more about LL jackets than I do, if the neck collar is on the right would it make it a women's jacket? ive seen men model LL jackets before and some have the snap collar on the left and some on the right. Is it really just a personal thing or they just make them differently on some?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's ice jacket to me that would fit pretty good in length because I'm about 5'8 5'9 ishh but yes alot of the LL jackets that came up would be from Japan and they would charge top dollar :( shame that you don't have a super Monza I would have loved to be able to see more detailed pics of one. Quick question since you appear to probably know more about LL jackets than I do, if the neck collar is on the right would it make it a women's jacket? ive seen men model LL jackets before and some have the snap collar on the left and some on the right. Is it really just a personal thing or they just make them differently on some?

They just came out of the factory different, much like Vanson has the zipper head on the right or the left, depending on the batch...

strokes1251

Practically Family
They just came out of the factory different, much like Vanson has the zipper head on the right or the left, depending on the batch...
Oh okay thanks! plus someone told me that in Europe Mens jackets tend to have zippers on the left? Thats what what I was noticing alot with their jackets, but anyways Thanks you've helped alot so far :)

strokes1251

Practically Family
Just got it in The mail and boy I love it already! The only complaint i have for now is that its a tad to small in teh shoulder area but hey thats what summers for ;D anyways heres some pics The zippers have an A on them and the onl7y labeling from lewis leathers is on the right hand side :)

ndl79x.jpg

oh4u3k.jpg

348iuc9.jpg

2i96p04.jpg

Aether

One of the Regulars
Hi Strokes, that's a good looking jacket!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party I guess, but here's a picture of my Super Monza that I bought about a year ago from the London Shop. I love it!

P1040386-1-1.jpg

strokes1251

Practically Family
Hi Strokes, that's a good looking jacket!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party I guess, but here's a picture of my Super Monza that I bought about a year ago from the London Shop. I love it!

P1040386-1-1.jpg
thanks! its the look i wanted plus the color I wanted aint I the luckiest MAN ever? :D When I first started searching up LL jackets on here Yours was teh first one that came up Nice Fit, do you happen to have more current pics of it? Does yours already have that perfect worn fit?

Aether

One of the Regulars
Thanks. Don't have any more recent pics yet, I'll post some up for you when I get round to taking them. I'd say that it doesn't really look much different though, the leather is so supple and fine grained that it doesn't crease and wrinkle up like stiffer leathers like HH etc.

Such a comfortable fit, you'll love it I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

strokes1251

Practically Family
Thanks. Don't have any more recent pics yet, I'll post some up for you when I get round to taking them. I'd say that it doesn't really look much different though, the leather is so supple and fine grained that it doesn't crease and wrinkle up like stiffer leathers like HH etc.

Such a comfortable fit, you'll love it I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Yes i agree the leather is soft and extremely comfortable. these kinds of jackets are definitely more comfortable for everyday wear!

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Just got it in The mail and boy I love it already! The only complaint i have for now is that its a tad to small in teh shoulder area but hey thats what summers for ;D anyways heres some pics The zippers have an A on them and the onl7y labeling from lewis leathers is on the right hand side :)

That is one cool jacket you've got!

Well, Lewis has changed hands for a couple of times in the past few decades, so don't be surprised with the huge variations that you find with those vintage jackets.

strokes1251

Practically Family
That is one cool jacket you've got!

Well, Lewis has changed hands for a couple of times in the past few decades, so don't be surprised with the huge variations that you find with those vintage jackets.
Thank you very much! shame its getting much to hot for any leather in the day time :(

I looked into that and there are alot of changes as you said but in the end the look still looks like what I wanted so Im extremely happy :D

roughsedge

New in Town
hi. i just came across this thread and i noticed your leather jacket. did you know that the red monza in the photo's is a womens jacket? that'd explain why the shoulders seem too small.
there's a really nice super monza here: http://leather-monkeys.com/details.php?recordID=14
it looks like an original 70's one as it has metal zips and the later ones had silver coloured nylon zips.
i'm trying to save up for the blue cyclone they have on the same site but i just hope i can get the cash before it sells! :)

Justhandguns

Practically Family
hi. i just came across this thread and i noticed your leather jacket. did you know that the red monza in the photo's is a womens jacket? that'd explain why the shoulders seem too small.
there's a really nice super monza here: http://leather-monkeys.com/details.php?recordID=14
it looks like an original 70's one as it has metal zips and the later ones had silver coloured nylon zips.
i'm trying to save up for the blue cyclone they have on the same site but i just hope i can get the cash before it sells! :)

If you are looking at the XS blue Cyclone, forget it! You can buy a perfectly new one for 600ish from Lewis! Custom made as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe