Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEE ADVENTURE!

Razzman

One Too Many
I picked-up this LEE ADVENTURE on ebay. It's quite clean. It's light weight.
On the sweatband it has the Lee logo embossed. It also has Dupont water repellent shape retaining. The inside top of the crown has the Lee Logo and Adventure Water Block. No lining just the top of the crown has a sewn in liner. Also on the sweatband is Patterson Fletcher Fort Wayne. I don't know much about the Lee brand, perhaps somebody can share that information. It seems to be a well made hat, very soft and pliable. It certainly holds its shape.

Color:Black
Brim:2 1/2"
Crown: 4 1/2"
Ribbon: 3/4" Black
Bound brim with a matching black ribbon.
Leather sweatband: 1/1/4"
a>

a>

a>
[/IMG]
a>

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks, Flitcraft.

BK, I would also like to know if this hat is vintage. I'm sure somedody out there can tell.

Scotrace, you have any idea if this hat or the one you purchased is vintage or not? Looking forward to seeing your pics.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
They are vintage indeed. I believe early to mid 50's.
Mine is a sort of Loden colour, with a pumpkin ribbon and binding. Well, at least I think so. Lord knows what it'll look like clean!

Nice hat Feraud!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lee_sm.jpg

I recently got rid of this one.
I wish it had been a tad larger & I never would've gotten rid of it.
It was very nice & light felt with a great bash..
maybe some day I'll find a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2...

Lee_hats_ad.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
I recently got rid of this one.
I wish it had been a tad larger & I never would've gotten rid of it.
It was very nice & light felt with a great bash..
maybe some day I'll find a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2...

Wow, Rick -- tough to part with that one, eh? It's a beauty. LOVE the ad! I'm a big fan of what I'll call the "mid-ribbon" -- a ribbon that's around 1" wide. I think it's a great look.

Cheers,
JtL

Razzman

One Too Many
Feraud, I really love those Lee's you posted. Beautiful colors. I'd love to find a gray one. I only have two gray hats, all the rest are different shades of brown.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mine did come today. Pics later. It's a neat olive color!

This is from another thread:

jamespowers said:
Hat brand names came from the experienced hatters that started the companies. John B. Stetson, Charles Knox, Frank H. Lee, H. Dewit Dobbs, John Cavanagh all fit the bill.
Lee was a huge company at one time. It produced hats for other store brands like Brent and Marathon. They did a huge business in low end hats but they were quite capable of producing high grade hats as well. Usually the wider the ribbon on a Lee the higher the grade of the hat---but not always as is the case with the Lee 100. Lee considered its base $5-7.50 hat (depending on the year) a "farmer hat." The farmer hat had a thin ribbon and a thinly bound edge. The accoutrements were cheaper. The sweatband and liner were not as high quality as their expensive models. As the scale went up in price the hat was a better dress hat on up to the 100.

D

DBFedora

Razzman and Feraud...

...great lookin' lids. Really like the look of a fine black fedora. Nice to see others who like it, too.

Feraud

Bartender
Nice! I cannot wait to see it.
scotrace said:
Mine did come today. Pics later. It's a neat olive color!

I have not had a black hat in many years and recently decided to broaden my horizons a bit.
DBFedora said:
...great lookin' lids. Really like the look of a fine black fedora. Nice to see others who like it, too.

D

DBFedora

Generally good to broaden horizons every now and then. Trust you'll find the right one for you, Feraud.:fedora:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Here it is.

Forgive some of the blurring. The aspiring photog is 14.

lee3.jpg

lee1.jpg

lee2.jpg

It is a 7.5 long oval. The small liner, which I insisted on keeping, is badly oxydized. It was originally from Skydell's Dept. Store in Bridgeport, Conn.

Just back from Graham at Optimo in Chicago. They do fine work. From shipping it out to back in my hands, ten days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally