Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leatherheads - The Movie

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
J. M. Stovall said:
Now I just have to convince my wife to see it.

George Clooney, Geee-ooorge Cloooooney, Geeeee-oooooh-oooorge Clooooo-oooooh-oooooh-knee, Geeeeeeeee-aaaahhhhh-ooooohhh-rguh Cloooooo-ooooooooh-oooooh-kneeeeeeee-heeeee.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
This looks like it is going to be a good movie.

Earlier this year there was a FL thread linking to this site. I was planning to contact the casting company but ended up travelling for work during those dates (darn job). Did any Loungers pursue this and possibly end up in the film?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I can't wait to see this! And since my husband is a football fan, I won't have any dififculty dragging him to the theater. ;)

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I'm looking forward to this one. I think that Clooney and Zellweger will play very well off of each other.

(PS More posts about the movie can be found here.)

poetman

A-List Customer
I saw the preview for this tonight. It's interesting--it seems like the type of movie that can only do well as a period piece. It seems like it relies on a lot of 30's cultural assumptions for its success, but imagine the film in a more modern setting; I don't think it would be nearly as interesting. (Although, let me say, I would see close to anything set in the 30/40's.)

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
It looks fun!

With all the Sh-tuff going on in the world.. It's good to see something that looks FUN!!!

I'm looking forward to a good change, which might lead to more in the same flavor!!!

Snookie

Practically Family
Looks very cute, I'll go see it! Confused by the odd mismash of decades, though. Renee looks much more 30's, even almost 40's in many scenes, and the choice of Sing, Sing, Sing in the background surprised me -- but I guess most people can't tell the difference between eras, and it all looks good! Looking forward to the Rosalind Russell/His Girl Friday aspect of the movie.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
With all the Sh-tuff going on in the world.. It's good to see something that looks FUN!!!

I'm looking forward to a good change, which might lead to more in the same flavor!!!

See my thread for "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" and see more of the same!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Leatherheads

I don't know about you folks, but I'm looking forward to this movie just about as much as Indy IV.

http://www.leatherheadsmovie.com/

It's a football flick - we've all seen 'em - set in the late 20's to early 30's.

George Clooney wearing a fedora is just too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust