Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, Hat Style Feedback Request

MAPip

New in Town
Good morning everyone,

I have been experimenting with styling hats for my wife. This is a Stetson 3X Beaver Open Road, size 7. She expressed that wearing the hat low on her forehead or near her ears makes the style feel uncomfortable. Since her hat ideally is to be worn at an angle away from the face and high on the head, I attempted a modified center crease to present more flattering curves and appeal. Please excuse my finger idents, I will steam set the shape and straighten after, just wanted to see what people thought.

If anyone could provide feedback, I would really appreciate it.

Happy Weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Good morning everyone,

I have been experimenting with styling hats for my wife. This is a Stetson 3X Beaver Open Road, size 7. She expressed that wearing the hat low on her forehead or near her ears makes the style feel uncomfortable. Since her hat ideally is to be worn at an angle away from the face and high on the head, I attempted a modified center crease to present more flattering curves and appeal. Please excuse my finger idents, I will steam set the shape and straighten after, just wanted to see what people thought.

If anyone could provide feedback, I would really appreciate it.

Happy Weekend!
Totally subjective: I would lower the centre dent in the rear so the side look is symmetrical. I love the swoop of a deep centre dent front to back. The fun aspect of good felt is that it is akin to unfired clay. A spritz of water, a bit of steam and reshape it at will. Play with it, have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe