Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox won

I bet you'll be quite happy to have it in your collection, Jerekson. It looks like it has Knox's version of the Cavanagh Edge, which Knox called the Custom Edge. I happen to have one much like it, and it's among my most treasured.
You of course realize how fortunate you are to fit a size 7, eh?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You got yourself a nice hat there dude. I was gonna bid on that lid myself, when I seen the size 7....but then I seen the 23" and didn't bother. A whole inch too big wasn't worth th effort. Nice find, ur gonna love the felt on this one. ;)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to recieving it. If Tony is right, this will be my fist cavanagh edge. :)

tonyb said:
You of course realize how fortunate you are to fit a size 7, eh?

Oh, most definitely. I try to take advantage of this fact as much as possible. I am actually able to even fit into a 6 7/8 in some instances, such as my Stetson.

Marc Chevalier said:
Compare your winning bid price to that of another Knox auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190153749412&ru

Whoa. eBay. It's a crazy thing.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I hope the winner of the other knox isn't reading this thread...I would imagine he'd be awfully embarassed...

I sometimes find it funny how an auction can flucuate so dramatically. Any number of variables (end time, key words) can alter a particular auction in a huge sense.

It also can depend greatly on an unexplainable interest some people have in the item...
Ex.
I while ago I saw someone selling a pair of FX Star Wars Lightsabers under seperate auctions. They were both identical, listed at the same time, same starting bid etc.
If I remember correctly, one of the sabers sold for $50...the other sold for $200...

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
Curious, 23" around the inside would be a 7-3/8.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, Jerekson. I hope it fits; beautiful lid.

Ahem, it so happens I am a 7-3/8. If it is too big :( , I'd gladly be first in line to get a PM from you ;) .

Jerekson

One Too Many
Yes, pictures will come, no need to worry.

The fit does seem questionable due to the two different sizes listed, but either way I'm sure it will work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust