Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Douglas old bean, you're unstoppable!

All I can say is, I'm glad I wasn;t born a deer and you born a hunter! Looking forward to the pics bud!

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Ooh! A Peluche! I have one; yes, it's as good as it looks. I suspect it's 100 percent beaver, in fact.

feltfan

Tommy Fedora said:
Though I'm not a Homberg fan, it certailny looks like a good one and a good deal.
Wear it well.

That's no homburg. Gotta love uninformed eBay sellers.
Looking forward to pix, Douglas.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Indeed: not a homburg. It is, in fact, this precise hat:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10473&highlight=peluche

Even the ribbon detail is the same. Mine looked like that, open crown. I'm interested in seeing what kind of bash you put into it.

You'll probably find that it's a *big* looking hat -- that's why I made the dent so deep: it seemed to want diminishing a bit. But that may not be as much of an issue with a lighter brown color.

One very peculiar thing about the Borsalino Peluche is that it has a Cavanagh edge, despite the long hair.

DOUGLAS

Wow,Visigoth that is a nice hat. I like the tall crown short brim combo. I'm not sure what type of crease I will use but what you've done looks great. I am happy about the brownish tone mine has.

Marc, I am a 7-1/4 or 58 or 5.5 but a 5, 57 or 7-1/8 will fit depending on the type and age of the hat. I don't know if the 3/8 will fit but imagine it will with a bit of play.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Borsalino Diamante

Douglas , they dont make hats like that anymore . I have a few similar to the one you won that I found in our store. They are truly works of art . I'd date the hat you won to the early 1960's or late 1950's .

Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally