Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was touch and go there for awhile. All week I was the only bidder and today another bid higher than I .With 14 seconds I won by fifty cents. Strange how these go. I really wanted this hat as the one I have now is so fine.Now I can put one into the collection and the other wear. this one has an embroidered rooster button at the bow. It was a high price but how many times do you see the hat you want come up for bid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190015690879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Wow, Douglas, that is a great win! It is a terrific hat, and I think you won it at a great price considering some I have seen go for more.;) It looks like this one is higher quality construction than my recent OR. I hope you are as happy as I would be with this one. Enjoy!

Rick Blaine

This little fella...

bb_1.JPG

makes this hat, IMHO... :eusa_clap nice score, eagerly awaiting some snaps! :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

I myself can't wait to see it in the flesh. I will need to wait at least two weeks as I am going to Spain on Thursday. I just wanted to get one more in before I go. I am very happy with this buy. Expensive yes but for me worth every cent. I am curious to see if that rooster is original to the hat.

DOUGLAS

Yeah, all I have to do is live for another five hundred years and I'll be able to retire from this one.;) After I am done collecting I am going to enjoy these hats and hopefully someone else will too.

Rick Blaine

Cock o' the walk

DOUGLAS said:
...I am curious to see if that rooster is original to the hat.

The fabric field behind da' boid looks to me identical to the ribbon....You have, Sir, for the first time in my life, made me GLAD I am not a 7 1/8 ! lol
Bon Voyage!

DOUGLAS

I am not a 7-1/8 either but it is a fanciful little detail. I thought that the button looked the same as the ribbon. We will see soon enough.

Tony in Tarzana

Rick Blaine said:
The fabric field behind da' boid looks to me identical to the ribbon....You have, Sir, for the first time in my life, made me GLAD I am not a 7 1/8 ! lol
Bon Voyage!

Careful what you wish for. Some nefarious rotter put two Borsalino Homburgs on eBay, and, damn the luck, they were exactly my size. Every time I say "I have enough hats" some miscreant goes and does something like that. lol

Daisy Buchanan

That's definitely an interesting hat. I like the color. I guess ladies vintage day dresses and gowns aren't the only items on e-bay with sky rocketing prices. I've seen one too many bidding wars ocurring in the last 30 seconds of auctions. Wonder what is happening, the vintage market is really growing. Items that used to have maybe 2 people bid on them now have over 10. Quite frustrating for us who actually use our vintage and not just display it on a shelf. Hopefully this trend will end as quickly as it began, so we can all go back to buying our beloved items for the prices they used to be.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wowsers!

Now that is a spiffy hat Douglas.:eusa_clap
I hope the rooster pin is original. That'll add even more to the nostalgia. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Congratulations.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

Daisy, There was only two bidders on this hat, me and one other. I was the only bidder untill yesterday when a few hours before the end ,the other bidder set his price. There was no war, I set my price, he out bid me then I out bid him. I wanted the hat and I can afford it.It doesn't make sense for me to let a great hat go by so someone else can get it for less. I do have hats that I do not wear and they are pristine and original. I do wear 90% of what I own though. If it is cheaper prices you want you will need to stop buying for a while. It all about supply and demand.;)

Twitch

Great hat and I'm sure you can afford it but sweet tap dancing Jesus 205 bucks!? Thing is that there'll be another one in a week or 2 that no one will even bid on that you could get for peanuts. Enjoy though:)

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
To Everything there is a season

What goes up, must go down, etc. I have NEVER seen anything that is based on "Pop" culture ever stay on top very long. The list of items with fad status is a long one. If you truly are a hat wearer, vintage fan, and you stick around long enough, the trends will change and if you can pick up these items as they surface again. Never seen it to fail. Only our patience fails.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I made the mistake of griping about the high pricing and it didn't do any good. Some folks educated me quite well, and I would have to agree with them, and I won't soon forget it either. The hat is worth what you are willing to throw down for it. And in Doulas' case, since he can afford such things as these, the price is chump change compaired to what you are getting. You could throw down $200 plus on a new Borsalino and still wouldn't get the quality of a deadstock vintage.
I just put $75 into a vintage Whippet that was falling apart. The felt was quite sound, The liner & hat band are in great shape, but the sweat band was crumbling. Now, I'll mor than likely put another $100 into it just to make it fresh again. Is it woth it? You bet! To me it is any way.

What I can't wait for is to see what this is going to look like in his hands and is Douglas going to get a matching rooster tie?;) great looking hat chief!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe