Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFK Shady Oak Open Road Type Hat

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
hatflick1, Thanks for sharing the news story. Great piece of history. "Shady Oak" is Peters Bros. own trademark. They reserve it for the best hats they make.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
JFK

On the reading list for my oncoming holiday is the book "Hatless Jack: The President, The Fedora and the Death of the Hat" by Neil Steinberg. It was originally published in 2004.

Anybody here who already read it? I could post a synopsis when I've finished it.

Bantam Man
(New on the block. Thanks to all for the many informative posts I've already read here so far!)

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Bantam Man said:
On the reading list for my oncoming holiday is the book "Hatless Jack: The President, The Fedora and the Death of the Hat" by Neil Steinberg. It was originally published in 2004.

Anybody here who already read it? I could post a synopsis when I've finished it.

Bantam Man
(New on the block. Thanks to all for the many informative posts I've already read here so far!)

I've just recently read it and I found it fascinating! It was full of trivia and information I had never heard or even guessed at. Well worth reading, in my opinion!

JCBurns

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
J.T.Marcus said:
You guys wear hats and read books? Please tell me you like classical music, too. There is hope for the world!:eusa_clap

Speaking for myself, I am of the variety that wears vintage hats, and listens to jazz or free improvised music. Oh, and I run a marathon every now and then.
I do not know whether this combination of characteristics prevails more often, or should be considered illogical...

mingoslim

Practically Family
WHich kind of classical music do you mean?

JCBurns said:
I've just recently read it and I found it fascinating! It was full of trivia and information I had never heard or even guessed at. Well worth reading, in my opinion!

JCBurns

The Bob Wills/Milton Brown type?
Or the Bill Monroe/Ralph Stanley type? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld