Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

INTRO FROM THE TROUT IN THE MILK

mlktrout

New in Town
Hello everyone, I'm the Trout in the Milk and, as Minnie Pearl would say, "I'm just so PROUD to be here!" What a place. Of all the gin joints in all the world, you guys were here and I never even dreamed it.

Briefly, I'm 47, female, married 24 years (my husband may start nosing around here too, now that he knows). Three grown sons serving proudly in the US Army. Two mortgages, two credit cards, two car payments, two dogs. (The dogs are Shelties.)

Although born in Chicago, I grew up in a small town in north Georgia where, if you had cable, you could watch Ted Turner's only TV station -- a little nothing station called WTCG from Atlanta. He had just bought it and was reformatting to show nothing but old movies. (You know this station now as Superstation TBS.) I had just seen Casablanca, and from that one movie (of course it's not just any movie!) grew a lifelong obsession. I loved 'em all -- Cagney, Tracy, Hepburn, Garfield, Flynn...all of 'em I'll tell ya. Even the slightly less famous, like Claude Rains, Paul Lukas, Frank McHugh.

These days when I'm not at work or out on the bike (I love my Yamaha Virago 1100, too) I'm usually right here, at work on my website, a website unique in its subject matter, and the, ahem, best website on the internet devoted to Jose Iturbi. Well, it's also the only website on the internet devoted to Jose Iturbi...and I hope you'll ask just who the heck Jose Iturbi is, because he was a household name in the 1930's and 1940's. And yes, he was even -- briefly -- a movie star!

Visit my website to learn more: www.manyfountains.com

And in the meantime, I think you'll see me around here plenty.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Trout! Great to have you with us!

Welcome to the Lounge. Thanks for the great info on Senor Iturbi, he's definitely a gentleman we should hear more about. I look forward to chattin' with you soon here at the FL.

funneman

Practically Family
Welcome Milktrout...

You'll like it here. I know I do.

Two questions:

1-Where in Georgia?
2-Where in Florida?

Don't mean to be nosy, just making conversation.

mlktrout

New in Town
GA & FL

Hello!

Toccoa, Georgia (somewhat famous since 1977 when our waterfall, the mighty Toccoa Falls, dashed the earthen Kelly Barnes dam to bits and the lake above the waterfall suddenly landed in the litle bowl-shaped area immediately thereabouts, better known as Toccoa Falls College. The college was nearly wiped out and 39 people were killed) was where I grew up. I still go back once or twice a year to visit old friends and family.

I live now in Jacksonville, FL, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars (about as boring a claim as I can think of, harboring zero interest in football), about 365 miles from Toccoa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe