Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting denim jackets?

Mark_O

New in Town
Thinking of buying myself a nice quality denim jacket in the future.
Would like one with a interesting design, different pocket design.
One that caught my attention is the tellason coverall jacket. Really like the look of the different pockets.
Another is the levis type I, think the rear cinch and single pocket is interesting.
Any ideas?
1954.09__30505.1712895890.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Type 2 is more balanced than type 1 imo, that 4 different pockets coat is more chorecoat than denim jacket, probably better in blue fabric perhaps canvas etc, unnecessary in denim. Imo

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I have coverall jackets and denim jackets. For coverall I prefer lighter weight fabric like chambray or lighter weight denim so that it drapes and is less rigid, especially because it's a longer length. Coverall jackets are infinitely more useful to me in terms of carrying everything I need, gets my keys, wallet, earphones, etc. all in separate pockets and not worry about scratching.

I think in terms of looks, traditional denim jackets like the Type I and II look way better, more recognisable and more flattering, but in terms of function, coverall jackets are supreme.

I like the Lee 101j “cowboy” design:
IMG_9288.jpeg
But I also love an interesting collar, so some of the 70s models top my list….
Wrangler:
IMG_9292.jpeg

Or Vintage Dickies:
IMG_9290.jpeg

I have an Apolis “chore” jacket in selvedge denim that I love and wear for work too.
IMG_9291.jpeg

Last edited:

Mark_O

New in Town

jchance

One of the Regulars
I like type I over type II and much more than type III when it comes to denim jacket. If I were in the market for another denim jacket, it would be either Mister Freedom or Iron Heart 21oz (type III with handwarmer pockets added)

I own a Klaxon Howl Bozemen jacket that has a pretty interesting back design

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Lee used to make great "Dungaree Jackets" and a nice "Chore Coat".
Now they make ridiculously long stupid looking coats.
Nothing dumber looking than a thigh length dungaree jacket imo

Mark_O

New in Town
Easy to say if your a smaller size. Much harder since I'm a larger 46 size. Did find a couple vintage sherpa lined jean jackets on ebay for reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally