Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones fedora

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Yes, I do. However it is my understanding that this information is not to get out at this point. I believe that the parties involved are waiting for clearance from the production company to announce the contract. I do not understand all that is invloved but that is what I hear.

Sorry I couldn't help. :(

Regards,
Hollis

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
For those wondering, the film industry has it's own "rules" that suppliers must adhere to and they vary according to the costumer & production company. In the case of the new IJ film, the costumer doesn't want anything leaked by the vendors so all are sworn to stay quiet. I'm also working on a film but they told me I could only announce it, no photographs prior to release of the film. All I'm authorised to say is that I am doing some hats for "Mummy 3" with Brandon Frasier and though I have pics, I can't show them till opening.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Thats OK Hollis, at the very least it is sounding like it may be someone we 'know'.
Please keep us informed when you can.

Don't worry my friend, when it finallly gets out I doubt I will be able to post before someone else does!:D

Art, that is indeed good news. I look forward to seeing fedoras (or other hats) in the next mummy film.

Regrds,
Hollis

Nashoba

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
For those wondering, the film industry has it's own "rules" that suppliers must adhere to and they vary according to the costumer & production company. In the case of the new IJ film, the costumer doesn't want anything leaked by the vendors so all are sworn to stay quiet. I'm also working on a film but they told me I could only announce it, no photographs prior to release of the film. All I'm authorised to say is that I am doing some hats for "Mummy 3" with Brandon Frasier and though I have pics, I can't show them till opening.

There's going to be a Mummy 3? Sweet! I look forward to seeing those hats too!!!

Doh!

One Too Many
From what I understand, if and when the vendor can be named, they'll be more than happy to sell exact replicas of the new hat to the Indy crowd. Unlike, say, Herbert Johnson -- who apparently can't be bothered with the fans of the original movies.

This is an exciting time we live in when the costumers of major motion pictures are willing to sell their replicas to the general public (and I don't just mean the Indy movies).

Kudos, gentlemen!

Matthew

New in Town
Shot by Speilberg himself, here is a new picture of Indy taking a break between shots:

indianajones4_tn.jpg

The following new video opens up with a slew of Indiana Jones' hats and gives a bit of him in motion, hat-clad.

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/indyarrives.html

best,

Matt

RBH

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
I'm also working on a film but they told me I could only announce it, no photographs prior to release of the film. All I'm authorised to say is that I am doing some hats for "Mummy 3" with Brandon Frasier and though I have pics, I can't show them till opening.

Sweet news Art!!! Cant wait to see the ART work in this film!

Great news for you too Aaron!!!

D

dzacca

Great Art!!! Congratulations! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm very happy for Aaron too! Well done! :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks folks, I'm pretty tickled to be back in the film game, if only a small part. I really thought they had lost my number.:rolleyes:
Nashoba, believe it or not I never saw either Mummy1 OR Mummy 2 so I really don't know the big deal ( why Mummy 3?). I can only assume they made money so off they go!!
Doh, the vendor making the hats for IJ ONLY does Indy hats so exact replicas should be no issue.
Thanks for the trailer Mathew..didn't know that they had started putting them out.
RBH, don't get too excited about seeing my work on film again, they had me dupe a Stetson design so no "Artwork" , however they are recreasing the Stetson to match my "Diamond" crease.
Congrats Aaron..sweet news

RBH

Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
RBH, don't get too excited about seeing my work on film again, they had me dupe a Stetson design so no "Artwork" , however they are recreasing the Stetson to match my "Diamond" crease.

Truly Art there is everything to get excited about. People know good work and ... good work is good work!
Maybe all this hard work will pay off with more men picking up a fedora to wear when they go out.
And as a bonus when I watch the film and get to see the hats. I can say ''hey I know the guy that made that fedora!''
Congrats again!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matthew said:

FYI, on that video you can move it frame by frame with the controls on the right of the Quicktime line or use your keyboard arrow keys. Using that you can freeze it on the frames with the stack of hats at the beginning when one is being pulled out for use. You can also get a good look at the rear of the hat at the end when Ford and Spielberg are walking off arm in arm.

Doh!

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:

Art, what are the rules for selling such hats -- can you advertise them as Mummy 3 hats? Would you need a license to sell them that way, or is it a matter of your selling something called "The Third Pharoah" so as not to get involved in copyright infringement?

Anyway, congrats on getting the job (you, too, Aaron)!

nemethnm

New in Town
RBH said:
Truly Art there is everything to get excited about. People know good work and ... good work is good work!
Maybe all this hard work will pay off with more men picking up a fedora to wear when they go out.
And as a bonus when I watch the film and get to see the hats. I can say ''hey I know the guy that made that fedora!''
Congrats again!

I COMPLETELY agree! Also, I can't wait to see the movie just to see Art's hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally