Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm starting to collect . . .

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I spent Father's Day with my sister. Well, we can't spend it with dad anymore. Anyway, while wandering around I found a new item to collect.

dscn1032mod.jpg

dscn1036mod.jpg

This is my first signal pistol. The dealer dated it in the 1930s, but I've seen the same one online dated "mid to late 1800s."

Stamped on top facet:

VERY PISTOL 25MM MARK IV
1" CON
A. H. FOX GUN Co. PHILA> PA. USA​

Odd thing, though . . . some websites have said that it's British! I guess I have something new to reseach, too. :D

The next one I'll get has a very interesting trigger. Basically, you squeeze the handle.

And the best thing . . . no waiting period. :p

Lee

"Paradise, is exactly like where you are right now. . . . only much, much better!" - Laurie Anderson

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Dagwood. I think you may be onto something. And the links you and green papaya supplied lead me to further research, and a dealer who recently sold one he'd listed as "W.W.I." I wrote to him and sent a couple pictures. I hope to hear from him soon.

That's a nice one, green papaya. Are you going to get it? How is the condition?

I also like two-barrel flare guns. This one was used by the Japanese Navy. It's dated 1940. I'm guessing the switch just above the back of the grip toggles the barrels.
jap-2barrel1.jpg
jap-2barrel2.jpg

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82