Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I won a Stetson Sovereign last night

Barry

Practically Family
It's a 7 3/4 - I think with some felt padding behind the sweatband this should be fine. The total was $91.00 including shipping.

Brim: 2.75 inches
Crown: 4.75 inches

This hat is one its way to Art already. I'm probably going to ask him to select a nice grosgrain ribbon to replace the band you see in the picture.

71_1.jpg

Barry

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barry said:
This hat is one its way to Art already. I'm probably going to ask him to select a nice grosgrain ribbon to replace the band you see in the picture.

It's your hat, but I find the current band to be what
makes the hat. It's a classic 40s casual look and pretty rare.
I almost bid on it just for that.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I would not change the band . I had my eye on that hat just for the style With that band . There arent that many around today as most hats were made with a grosgrain band .

Steven

DOUGLAS

I saw that hat Barry and was going to bid on it but I can't wear that size. Good for you man.PS don't change the ribbon it looks great.

Steven, I was going to bid on that one too. That is a nice hat!

Tony in Tarzana

I was watching this one, and I noticed that as the auction progressed the seller added a line at the end of the description confirming that it was indeed a 7-3/4.

I think it's a great hat as is, too, :)

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
To each his own

jamespowers said:
Stetson made a few of them that have survived intact:
Stetson-Privateer1.jpg

Stetson-Privateer3.jpg

:D

The Brown one is a suede finish and a very nice feeling hat. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

I came across that same hat (in grey) this past summer in Atlanta. The price was more than fair I am sure and it was a 7 3/8ths. I just couldn't get over how much it looked like the red cowboy hat I got for Christmas as a child. You know the red ones with the white whip stitching. We all have our own taste in what we like and that is great isn't it. Had I known that there were so many fans, I would have picked it up and resold it.

Razzman

One Too Many
That is a very unique looking hat. I had an eye on it. Although it was more than to big for me. I really like the look. Congratulations on a great find.:eusa_clap It doesn't seem that expensive considering the size.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's a great hat with a casual flare. My friend Jeff Beauregard used to wear one all the time. In fact I think he wore one out and started wearing another one that was blue to replace the grey which had a hole in the front of the crown.

Cool looking and casual. Works great with Gabardine shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally