Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should be getting these soon.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only have a homburg by Adam so I am interested in what this hat looks and feels like up close. Yup, It does have a cool bow.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Douglas ,I see that you are a smart hat shopper . You are getting the better hats on Ebay because you are paying a little more for them and you know what you are looking for . I'd love to see them sometimes . Drop by our store in Brooklyn since you are from the city . I'd even steam them for free if you'd like!!

Steven

DOUGLAS

Thanks very much Steven, I really should get out to your store for a visit. My daughter lives in Green point so I am out in Bklyn often.
Please let me know your stores address.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
We are five minutes from Greenpoint. The address is 236 Broadway , one block from Peter Lugers steak house. After you buy a good hat , all you need is a good steak to top it off!!

Steven

DOUGLAS

I used to live on the corner of South Sixth and Berry in the old Schaffer brew house. It is definetly a different area now. I found news paper in German under the tin ceiling dating back to the 1880s.

DOUGLAS

I am not sure I can be called a smart shopper since I have and still am buying hats that do not fit me.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
DOUGLAS , THE AREA HAS DEFINATELY CHANGED . APARTMENTS THAT WERE 400 TO 500 A MONTH NOW ARE 2000. I WAS TOLD THATYEARS AGO , JUST WITHIN A TWO BLOCK AREA NEAR OUR STORE , THERE WERE SEVEN HAT STORES AND THEY ALL DID WELL. TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

STEVEN

DOUGLAS

Sometimes I feel guilty about out bidding people but that only lasts a couple of minutes.

DOUGLAS

I will be taking stock of that very question soon as my storage is about to burst at the seams. I have to figure out how to post the ones that are not going to stay with me.

DOUGLAS

Yes, I see, you must not be married. I rotate my hats out every couple of months or so. When I was single my hats were at arms reach at all times. Those days are long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally