Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I really enjoyed this...

the-illusionist_f.jpg

Anyone else see this? It came out last year I believe. Naturally I loved the scenery of 1900 Vienna, but I also thought Ed Norton was great. I usually like his films, one of the few modern actors who demonstrates professionalism, IMHO.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
We liked it, of course my wife is in love with Edward Norton. We actually thought is was better than "The Prestige", the other victorian magician movie that came out at the same time, but it wasn't bad either, just not quite as tight.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
This one was well worth the toil of going to the local multiplex. And I must agree on Edward Norton, the man really knows what he's doing (well, judging from 3 films I've seen reallly..).

carter

I'll Lock Up
"The Illusionist"

Saw them both. Have to agree with J.M. "The Illusionist" was better than "the Prestige".
I must say that movies that are thematically very similar coming out in the same year and sometimes season seems to be getting more and more common over the last decade or so. Has anyone else noticed this?

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
I just watched this last weekend and loved it. However I was half asleep and working on something while watching so I missed parts. So gonna watch it again this weekend.

Feraud

Bartender
Norton is a fine actor and this was a good film.
The love triangle in The Illusionist was somewhat predictable. I like The Prestige a wee bit more.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I liked it quite a bit more than The Prestige. I thought it did a much better job in terms of characterization, and although the eventual explanation of the how the effects were done was pretty bogus for 1900, at least it wasn't as absurd as The Prestige (which only *pretended* to be a historical romance - it ultimately revealed itself as science fiction... I guess this was okay given it's three-parts-of-every-trick act structure, but it really annoyed me).

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Eisenheim the Illusionist by Steven Millhauser

I thought that they did a grat job turning a 15 page short story into a feature film. The short story was the framework and they built a wonderful tale from there. Very good indeed.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust