Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate my username!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
OK, I've mentioned this before, I hate my username! I just used my email address when I first joined FL, never having belonged to on online group like this before. But I realized that if I changed it I would revert to being a NEWBY again! I just this moment realized SO WHAT! So, on the verge of my 1,000th post, I've decided to give myself a new username.
There are anough of you who know me a little by now. Any suggestions???
Dan Hermann - my real human being, real world name.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The owner of a forum I used to belong to changed his user name at least twice. I don't know why he didn't just call himself Dan.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Other than getting the privileges connected to posting over, what 30? posts, what difference does it make?
What I actually meant was, any suggestions for a new username?

S

Samsa

dhermann1 said:
Other than getting the privileges connected to posting over, what 30? posts, what difference does it make?

Well, if you start over, doesn't that mean that all of your posts go bye-bye? There is another member of the Lounge who has had his name changed, without starting over. My advice would be to PM MK.

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
As the founder and moderator of a few different forums - I will say that it is incredibly easy to change someone's user name. I would not presume to speak for MK, but asking him if this is possible would be worth a shot. Your posts will remain unchanged save for the new user name at the top of each one.

Good luck.

Matt

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My roommate asked someone in the Lounge in a thread how he changed his user name but never got a reply. (Roommate wanted the first letter changed to a capital.) I'll advise him to pm MK.
My first thought and so my suggestion: Herman Munster. Come on, who doesn't love Herman Munster? :) :) :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
M MK and ask for a new name - once you figure one out. Your post count will remain, and we'll re-learn your new name (not a problem if you don't change your avatar for awhile).

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Well... if someone is using it... they are just one big phoney! Why? Because my biggest fan should be sending me gifts and luxuries. I haven't recieved one single present yet! Not even a dead chicken. :(

lol

Maj.Nick Danger said:
I should think that name was already taken,...that's why I didn't use it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe