Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I finally got a decent hat!!!

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
It's not perfect, but it was only $12, and I think it fits pretty well. What do you guys think?

IMG_5278.jpg

Found it in an antique shop in Slayton, MN of al places! I was visiting my grandmother and made a stop in the neighboring town. Dropped into the antique store, and there it was hanging off the end of a pole in the back of the store. That same day, when I was looking around in my grandparents' basement, I found an old hat block and stretcher from when they owned a dry cleaning business back in the 40's. My grandmother gladly gave it to me.

Anyhow, the hat. It seems to be some sort of "Open Road Clone" type. I'm not sure if that gets me into the Open Road Guild or not. Do lookalikes count? It was made by "Hall and Hall" hatters-- anybody heard of them?

--G.R.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Great and fortuitous find.

Nice! Another example of the cosmic principle of synchronicity in action. :eusa_clap
I believe it happens all the time. Think about something enough,...and *poof*, it just materializes via quantum mechanics. :D

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the compliments everyone!

Now I just need a dark brown, a grey, and a panama and I'll be set (and maybe a caramel brown... wow, it really is hard to stop isn't it?) Anyhow, thanks again. I'm still trying to convince my wife of the merits of a nice hat-- any suggestions from guys who have been in that situation? She thinks that I just want to wear it so that I'll look different. Really I just think they look good.

--G.R.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe