Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't own a...

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
My coffee maker is a spoon, plunging into the jar of Sanka. Now *that's* vintage.

Well, that is vintage, but after googling it, I disapprove. It has three strikes against it. 1: Instant, which I have never known to produce palatable results. 2: Decaf, which is an affront against God and nature. 3: it is made by Kraft, who I am not sure makes real food.

*If you enjoy it, power to you. I am an annoying coffee snob.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Sanka%20Coffee_2.jpg

Well, he's *almost* Amish.

Well, that is vintage, but after googling it, I disapprove. It has three strikes against it. 1: Instant, which I have never known to produce palatable results. 2: Decaf, which is an affront against God and nature. 3: it is made by Kraft, who I am not sure makes real food.

*If you enjoy it, power to you. I am an annoying coffee snob.

Sure. Until you have had real coffee made over a campfire then you don't know what coffee is. Just throw the grounds in the bottom of a pot of water and put it on the fire. Ahhhhhhhhh!;):rolleyes:

Hellooo:wave: amish !!!

We should start a 'who's more amish' competition here in the Lounge. :p Amish of the day, radical amish of the Lounge :rockon:, the Abram Hochstetler trophy :first: for not owning electric power at home and so on. Winners have to wear an amish avatar for the rest of the year. Suggestions are welcome.

Party like it's 1699 lol

Weird Al Yankovic -- Amish Paradise

[video=youtube;tOF2C4pco0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOF2C4pco0A[/video]

mrtman

Familiar Face
I love the time capsule I've built for myself too. No one has to live here except me and my family and we're happy so I don't care what anyone else thinks :p

As far as your kids hating you.... that's absurd. My kids don't hate me and in fact are proud that we have always lived this way. My daughter has a cell phone, a laptop and a gaming system, but she would rather play a board game with me than be on any of that stuff. It's about teaching your kids that the stuff can be useful and fun, but it's not important. Family is what matters.

Well said!!!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Sure. Until you have had real coffee made over a campfire then you don't know what coffee is. Just throw the grounds in the bottom of a pot of water and put it on the fire. Ahhhhhhhhh!;):rolleyes:

I love cowboy coffee. That is how I first learned to drink black coffee, out of necessity. I had been drinking coffee since I was three or four years old, at first more milk and sugar, and I had gradually cut out the sugar, but camping I learned to appreciate coffee in its proper form and I have been hooked ever since.

Being an Eagle Scout usually means you have had to go camping. :p

Camping is fantastic, and getting to say "I'm an Eagle Scout" sure is a lot of fun.

I live in the Amish country. Highlight of my day today. I live downtown Pardeeville, almost dead center of the downtown. there was a tractor being held up by an Amish buggy going down Main Street. Never see a tractor being held up in traffic!

Clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop................BANG.......clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop.

Amish Drive-by.

Hellooo:wave: amish !!!

We should start a 'who's more amish' competition here in the Lounge. :p Amish of the day, radical amish of the Lounge :rockon:, the Abram Hochstetler trophy :first: for not owning electric power at home and so on. Winners have to wear an amish avatar for the rest of the year. Suggestions are welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe