Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I DID buy this Stratoliner!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The follow-up... feedback

I finally gave the guy feedback the other day; made it a neutral and used both the initial and the follow-up feedback options. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but wanted people to know there was an initial problem. Here is what I gave him, which I thought was more than fair--a bit generous, in fact.

Ran 2 auctions 1 item in error-had to contact eBay b4 he honored 1st auction win Buyer: beemerdiver ( 123) May-21-07 17:58
Follow-up by beemerdiver (May-21-07 18:08):
After decision made to honor auction it went well-fast shipping, good comm

Well, he finally got around to checking it I guess, because I received the following e-mail from him. He still hasn't posted a feedback for me.

Some gratitude..here I compete with the biggest pack of wolves and scavengers to bring you devourers of the planet (check the last couple of nat'l geographics) something fantastic and what do I get? I even got a 3rd strike $250. no seatbelt ticket about the time I found your hat.....Your reference to going to Ebay is incorrect as I was never influenced by the Bay...They did not do a legal cancellation I had executed within the time limit and I had every right to re-list it as I did not wish the item to end on the weekend...You had no complaint as you got your lid....I saw Mon. afternoon when I got to my mail the canc. had not gone thru and no way to prove Ebay's error....Being a senior on limited income and the times I can understand your expansionism tendencies as it is not quite so politically correct to go on Safari in Africa these days....You might check item# 110129894350 and advise your fellow lid folks or make a purchase for your outstanding feedback...R

My response, which is probably more than I should have written or he deserved since we already know he isn't listening; His most recent feedback, the one after mine, is a negative one.

Gratitude? For what? A lot of people thought you were running a scam and thought I should give you negative feedback; I gave you the benefit of the doubt despite the fact that your attitude was one of contempt for buyers, including me--a contempt that continues to show in the message below. You insulted the group of people who would have been the most interested in your hats with your puckered rectum comment. You may have intended to cancel the first auction, but you failed to do so and you failed to ensure that it was canceled before starting the second one. At least one person sent you a message informing you that it appeared you were running two auctions for the same hat before the first one ended, but you didn't respond and you didn't do anything about it-you left both up. You gave me no indication at all that you intended to honor the auction; in fact, it seemed to me that you had no intention of doing so. Yes, I got my lid, but only after I contacted eBay. Once I did so you finally sent me an invoice.

You handled this badly. Once you saw the email traffic indicating something was wrong you should have sent me a message explaining what happened, rather than trying to blow me off like you did. I still would have expected you to honor the auction since it is your responsibility to keep track of your auctions and ensure any changes you make actually occur. I won the auction legitimately. I shouldn't have had to go though all that hassle to get the hat. All you had to do was respond with courtesy--instead I was first ignored, then treated with contempt.

In the end, you got a good price for the hat. Some Strats in recent times went for slightly higher, some lower. On 7 1/4 recently went for less than $30. I wish I'd bid on that one, but I certainly didn't expect that low a price. The chances of someone bidding on your starting bid of $165 were very slim to begin with, and pretty much dropped to zero when the word got out that the hat had already been sold.

So yes, I did have a complaint, and a legitimate one. You might have a complaint with eBay, but in the end I'm sure their position will be the same as mine: your auction, your responsibility.

As for the hats you currently have up for auction, sorry, but neither I nor, I think, any of my puckered rectum friends are interested in either 100% wool hats or going through the hassles of dealing with you. The thing about the buyers you seem to hold in such low esteem is that we do have choices as to where and from whom we buy from.

Best of luck,
Tom

PS I have no idea what you mean by expansionist tendencies but the Middle East is as close to Africa as I care to have been. As for your being a senior on a limited income, well, I'm not a senior but I am a retired Senior Master Sergeant living on my retirement pay.

Ah, well... and I'm currently dealing with a claim through Paypay with another seller on a CPU that arrived DOA. That seller, after almost 900 feedbacks, most positive, apparently pulled up stakes and deregistered herself as an eBay user. On the other hand, I've had a lot more positive interactions with sellers than negative! :D

Cheers,
Tom

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hopefully he won't leave revenge feedback.
I got a hat a while back that was not the
size listed. Wrote the seller, heard nothing.
Waited a month (I was busy). Wrote the seller,
got a furious, looney note back, basically telling
me to take a hike. Wrote again, saying I did not
want to leave a negative and maybe we can work
this out. Nothing. I left negative feedback.

Of course the seller left me a negative in return.
I did my part- paid promptly, reported the problem
promptly, and tried to work it out before leaving a
negative. But the eBay system does not protect
buyers from revenge negatives.

I'll probably list the hat in the Classifieds section here soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally