Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howard Hughes inspired full beaver Fedora!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some shots of "The Aviator" hat that is a Howard Hughes inspired fedora from the height of his aviation power in pushing the boundries of what manned flight can do.

Hughes_Racer2021-1.jpg

Thanks to Marc from Germany for taking on the challenge to recreate this piece of history for me. (and Ray, one of our members for doing the pics!)

hughs20vegas20shopped20copy1-1.jpg

HowardHughesPaddy-1.jpg

see_yaantique.jpg

SPRUCEGOOSEPADDY.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat with some dandy backdrops!:eusa_clap

I have to say you do look like Richard Roxburgh as M in LXG with the moustache.
lxg_trailer2_roxburgh2.jpg

Meant only as a compliment, you two could pass for brothers.

Again I dig on the hat, and some aviator sunglasses would set off the Howard Hughes look nicely. Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Dan for the great compliments.

Marc and I worked closely on this to get the hat 'just right.' The Grossgrain ribbon is a vintage ribbon, part of which has been used on the brim edge as well. All lovingly made by hand, I might add.
Took ages to source this full beaver, but worth the wait and I wanted a hat that had a uniqueness to it, and a vintage quality with a tip to a well known hat wearer of the 20th C.

I choose Howard Hughes, who in his 'Golden Age' hay-day was the tops. Hence this 'top hat' so to speak, as a salute to this great man.:)

To see and feel this hat, is to believe that it time-travelled from another 'golden' era, it truely is a beaut and goes great with my RL D-B suit.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wowza Paddy, you look smashing:D Oh, and the hat's swell too:D I love the "aviator" look. It's a great way for a gent to wear something a bit more casual than a suit, yet still look very well dressed, while looking sporty too.
Congrats on the new hat, and I love the pictures of you as well as the hat, thanks for posting them:)

Damon Falzone

One of the Regulars
I love the pix, the hat and especially your A-1. The A-1 has become my new object of desire. Help me! Is there a leather type of choice? And, aside from finding a vintage one, which manufacturers should I look at? Thanks.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful looking hat! What are the dimensions? That brim width looks quite wide yet is perfectly balanced with the rest of the hat. Those photos would make great Fedora Lounge postcards. Just add a cursive text: The Fedora Lounge! Wish you were here!

Rooster

Practically Family
COOL Paddy!:D Watch out for OCD symptoms, you don't want to fully morph into Hughes.....;)
Those pictures are great, just like being there.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a response!!!

Ladies and gents you've just blown me out here!!! I never in a month of Sundays thought I'd get this sort of reaction.

All I can say is, I did the easy part!!! Just standing still!!

Without sounding like an Academy Award recipient!!! [huh]

Thanks and hard work go to :eusa_clap Marc (one of our good members here) for actually managing to hand craft this tribute to Hughes. No mean feat I can tell you!! No mean feat I can tell you. No mean feat I can tell you, tell you, tell you, no mean feat...oooops I'm off again!!! [huh]

To Ray for blending the photos so well for me. Thanks Ray, now make sure you blend those photos, you got it Ray, blend them Ray, just blend them!!!

To Aero for the A-1 flying jacket (a damn fine jacket, and I just love the vintage feel to the A-1 over the A-2, but that's a personal whim of mine!!).

Ian for taking the shots, and for you guys and dolls for just keeping that vintage spirit alive on here!!!:eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The speed record (in film)

Hughes_Racer2021-1.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAJpt8E8qRQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAJpt8E8qRQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust