Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Post Photos on this Site for Digital Dummies (Like Me)

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
If this same info is here elsewhere, I'm sorry, but the tutorials I found were greek to me. I want to thank a member of this board for explaining it to me and to pass it along for others having problems like I was. I figured it out on a Mac. I suppose it's the same for a PC.

1) Go to www.photobucket.com/ , sign up and post your pix into an album. It's so easy I could do right off the bat.

2) This is what my helper posted to me that explains how you click on stuff. I quote:

"Simple matter to post photos. I use both a Mac and Windows. While the mechanics of each system will be different, the procedure is the same. Photobucket now makes it too easy. Find the photo you want to post and hover your cursor over it. Look below the photograph. There will be several codes under the photo. The last code will be the IMG code. This is the one you want. Click the code. The message "Copied" will briefly flash. The code is now on your PC. Next place your cursor where in your post you want the picture to appear and paste it. The code, when pasted, will have IMG on both ends of the code inside brackets. You can go "Advanced" to preview your post and the picture."

3) The final hump I had to stumble over:

You know how on Safari, there's a bar on top where it says "Edit" and that's where you copy and paste text? Well in #2 above, when it flashes "Copied" that's the same thing as copy in "Edit" and you place the photo by also going to "Edit" and hitting 'paste."

I hope I didn't embarrass myself with this post, I needed the info in 2 and maybe down the road others will stumble onto this and be helped.

Last edited:

alfyman

One of the Regulars
If this same info is here elsewhere, I'm sorry, but the tutorials I found were greek to me. I want to thank a member of this board for explaining it to me and to pass it along for others having problems like I was. I figured it out on a Mac. I suppose it's the same for a PC.

1) Go to www.photobucket.com/ , sign up and post your pix into an album. It's so easy I could do right off the bat.

2) This is what my helper posted to me that explains how you click on stuff. I quote:

"Simple matter to post photos. I use both a Mac and Windows. While the mechanics of each system will be different, the procedure is the same. Photobucket now makes it too easy. Find the photo you want to post and hover your cursor over it. Look below the photograph. There will be several codes under the photo. The last code will be the IMG code. This is the one you want. Click the code. The message "Copied" will briefly flash. The code is now on your PC. Next place your cursor where in your post you want the picture to appear and paste it. The code, when pasted, will have IMG on both ends of the code inside brackets. You can go "Advanced" to preview your post and the picture."

3) The final hump I had to stumble over:

You know how on Safari, there's a bar on top where it says "Edit" and that's where you copy and paste text? Well in #2 above, when it flashes "Copied" that's the same thing as copy in "Edit" and you place the photo by also going to "Edit" and hitting 'paste."

I hope I didn't embarrass myself with this post, I needed the info in 2 and maybe down the road others will stumble onto this and be helped.
This is a good post, I had the same problem, I have a pc, now a mac, Now a Mac mini with a parallels to windows 7, I do both with mac and pc..regardless I still have to think for a while to post stuff..

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I will never understand why this is such a problem. We've posted illustrated step-by-step how-tos repeatedly and still it gets asked. We'll leave this up, hoping it helps somebody. But there are stickies - with pictures - showing how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82