Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to create an Audio CD-R?

Naphtali

Practically Family
I just bought a CD, "Duke Ellington: The London Concerts," that has one song I particularly like - Cootie Williams' trumpet-with-mute playing "Caravan." The remainder of the CD? Not so pretty good. I would like to burn "Caravan" to a CD-R and use in the CD changer in my Lexus 450. I run Mac OS X 10.3.9 and have no idea how to do this. I have Roxio Toast to burn my CD-Rs. That's no problem. But I have no experience burning audio CDs, only data CDs for my work.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ha! Until I read all your post, I was going to be a smarty and say "fiend a friend with a Mac and click the obvious button."

But you have a Mac.

The above will work. Or just select the song in iTunes, and click "burn playlist to disc."

DNO

One Too Many
All you need is iTunes.

Import the CD into iTunes. Create a new playlist (on the left hand side). Drag "Caravan" into the new playlist. Insert the CD-R and right click on the playlist name. You'll get a pop-up menu. Select "Burn Playlist to Disc". Be sure to select "audio CD" when you get the options screen.

Put in a step by step form, it sounds complicated. It's not...I do it all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe