Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how long does parcel post from FL to CA take?

green papaya

One Too Many
I won an item on Ebay extra cheap, just .50 over the opening bid

and the seller marked it as shipped on the 27th of July

shouldnt it have arrived by now? I have a feeling the seller might not ship it because it sold too cheap and might claim it was lost in the mail? no delivery confirmation number.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I think the post office is just having a slow go of it right now. I had an item I won ship out from NY on the 29th, Priority Mail, and I still don't have it. Tracking shows it left NY, but it hasn't passed through Denver yet, or any other point.

Brad

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Agreed. My eBay shipments took at least a week and I sent them priority.

That's odd. I sent three Priority Mail parcels within the last couple weeks and they all arrived in under three days. I hope I don't jinx myself now.

But to answer the original question, though it's usually 6/8 business days, it's not terribly unusual for Parcel Post to take 8/10 business days.

I'll bet you see it soon ;)

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
A parcel post package can be held for 5 days at every stop or hub before it has to be sent on. They will send on sooner if they have time to work it and they have room on their truck. This is how it was explained to me by the local Post Master.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Don't give up hope.

My package ('50s Cavanagh store mahogany index card box) is showing as arrived in Pueblo this morning. Probably means I won't see it until tomorrow. Interesting that it didn't get logged in through Denver, as is usual for any package coming this way. Just over a week. So much for Priority "2-3 days" shipping.:rolleyes:

Brad

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Good!

Did you check the post mark to see when it was actually mailed by the seller? If it was indeed mailed on 7.27 that means it took nine business days.

That's not freakishly slow for Parcel Post. It's still within the range that USPS estimates for delivery.

green papaya

One Too Many
zetwal said:
Good!

Did you check the post mark to see when it was actually mailed by the seller? If it was indeed mailed on 7.27 that means it took nine business days.

That's not freakishly slow for Parcel Post. It's still within the range that USPS estimates for delivery.

yes, the box was post marked 27 July 09

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I suppose this thread should probably just wither away now, since it's served its purpose, but I thought I'd throw in one last report, just to mix things up a little...

I had a Priority package that USPS tracking shows left Wisconsin yesterday morning, and it arrived in my hands this morning. Overnight delivery for $7! Can't beat that.

So, a week from NY to Pueblo, but only a day from WI to Pueblo.[huh]

Brad

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I agree Brad. And I would add that Priority Mail with delivery confirmation is in my opinion consistently the best way to go.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Just for comparison, I had a recent Ebay purchase, a largish package, arrive after about 11 days, delivered by Fedex. Maybe everyone's on vacation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82