Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Good a Husband are You? - 1933 Edition

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh! That is so old fashioned! Those strict standards just don't stand the test of time! Geesh! Come on - what's marriage for anyway!? :rolleyes:

Boy, I am so glad those days are over! :D

Coopsgirl

New in Town
Those are great!! I especially like the one about getting 20 points for being "ardent, considerate and sensitive in relations" and giving your wife real "movie" kisses. You know a woman wrote that quiz. ;)

Shirin

A-List Customer
Dixon Cannon said:
Oh! That is so old fashioned! Those strict standards just don't stand the test of time! Geesh! Come on - what's marriage for anyway!? :rolleyes:

Boy, I am so glad those days are over! :D

What? This coming from the guy who over on the thread on the 1955 Housekeeping Monthly article about woman's duties to her man, proudly acknowledged his home was no different than what was written in that article (bogus or not!):p From your response I gathered you enjoyed this type of lifestyle.lol
By the way fletch, thank you for posting that. I'm going to print it up and keep it somewhere handy.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I find it interesting that under demerits, "publicly praises bachelor days and regrets having married" is only 1 point. That's the same as leaving leaving shoes in the living room!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shirin said:
What? This coming from the guy who over on the thread on the 1955 Housekeeping Monthly article about woman's duties to her man, proudly acknowledged his home was no different than what was written in that article (bogus or not!):p From your response I gathered you enjoyed this type of lifestyle.lol
By the way fletch, thank you for posting that. I'm going to print it up and keep it somewhere handy

All in good fun, missy! (Whoops! That'll get me in trouble!) :rolleyes:
Just being facetious and silly - I actually am quite different than my flaming rhetoric. Just ask my old lady! (Whoops - I did it again!) :D

-dixon cannon

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Oh dear - I read the paper at the table at breakfast, I despise my wife's driving, she says I snore (but how do I control that???), I abhor a disarranged newspaper, and I think I'll stop now.

Shirin said:

Ah yes. The Good Wife. Those were the days. ;) :p
I know I have that article somewhere---like on the refrigerator at home. :p

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
HA!

I'd love to see the complete wive's test!

I like #27: "Is more than 15 pounds overweight. (1)
Wife "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"
Husband: "Not at all dear, the FAT on you makes you look fat!":eusa_clap

50 "walks around the house in stocking feet" should be about 67,000,000 demerits. I'd rather get pepper sprayed for breakfast than deal with that!:rage:

Feraud

Bartender
The wives will have to answer the test questions on behalf of their husband's attitudes. I know so few husbands who will admit to their demerits. ;)

There is a lot of common sense points to consider on the form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe