Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do You Feel When You Wear A Hat?

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
Conspicuous...yeah, mostly conspicuous. I'm 6'-5" & 270 already and the addition of a hat (not ballcap) really adds to my "presence". Add in that a fedora is uncommon in the South, and I really begin to stand out. Just two weeks ago, while attending a work conference in Victoria, BC, we had a group photo of 200 or so people taken. When the image was sent to my office last week, my receptionist opened it up and immediately commented on the hat...so conspicuous it is

Nevada Smith

New in Town
The shadow of your hat...

...Yesterday, while walking on a river bank to a different fishing spot, I caught my own shadow, especially of my head and old fedora. This 'reflection' became an iconic-looking 'symbol' of myself..me, but also a better, more honorable me; like looking your best friend in the face: a nobler reflection of yourself, making you want to adopt a finer character and be a better human...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hoss & da Posse said:
Conspicuous...yeah, mostly conspicuous. I'm 6'-5" & 270 already and the addition of a hat (not ballcap) really adds to my "presence".

Hoss, meet Big Man.
Big Man, this is Hoss.

Big Man said:
DSC02687.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust