Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do Guys Here Sell Jackets to Each Other?

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm sorry to be a pest, but inquiring minds want to know. I may want to sell a 42 Enfield that I got on Ebay. (The pic below is a teaser. Originally, when I got it and posted this pic soliciting opinions on fit, someone pointed out I had a big stomach, thank you very much. Anyway, I've since lost about twenty-five pounds to 147ish so I can laugh about it now.) I thought I'd keep it for layering, but getting jackets is sorta fun and I'd really prefer something shorter all over. I could always sell on Ebay, I suppose but I've seen jackets sold here apparently. I figure you post it with pix as a thread and if someone emails you and the deal is made, they pay you through Paypal then you ship them the jacket. I don't see where the buyer has any protection against fraud, but maybe a person who posts here over time is presumed to be kosher. Or am I missing something and the guys talking about buying and selling know each other from motorcycle rallies or whatever? Anyway, if someone can educate me on this subject I'd appreciate it.

Photoon2012-01-04at1246.jpg

Last edited:

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Just list it in classified, wait for a response, agree on a price, have the buyer send money via paypal, send the jacket to the buyer.

Many buyers here have their paypal accounts associated with their credit cards, (as well as bank accounts). If the buyer has a problem with getting the goods, and the buyer cannot get reimbursed by paypal, the credit card company steps in and comes through.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. Paypal gives some protection against fraud. Other than that it is very much about trust. I have made good experiences both with selling and buying on the FL but I have heard other stories too...sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82