Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Fuzz - Ya got some red on ya

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Hot Fuzz-brit comedy

I was lured into seeing this brit comedy. Was concerned it would be really low brow crap.
Couldnt recommend it more highly. Charming, funny,intense, & rather smart.
http://www.hotfuzz.com/

Overachieving London policeman is transferred to the country to chill out.
Instead of laying back, he uncovers a conspiracy.

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
I was lured into seeing this brit comedy. Was concerned it would be really low brow crap.
Couldnt recommend it more highly. Charming, funny,intense, & rather smart.
http://www.hotfuzz.com/

Overachieving London policeman is transferred to the country to chill out.
Instead of laying back, he uncovers a conspiracy.
I cannot wait to see it!

Doh!

One Too Many
Hot Fuzz is VERY funny if a bit long. I've never seen Shaun but friends who've seen both say Fuzz is even better. It stands above dreck like Scary Movie because the writers actually bothered to write a story, instead of stringing together a bunch of sight gags.

Now I must rent Shaun.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Shaun...

Some of my freinds are Zombies in Shaun....oddly enough they had gothy zombies in quite a few scenes and Simon Pegg recruited them himself via things like his website.

Huge kick out of seeing one's friends on the big screen all bloody.

mmmm Spaced.....

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Huge kick out of seeing one's friends on the big screen all bloody.

Oh sure, you say it and no one minds.

I say it front of the parole board and its "Back to the cellblock Mr. Carberry." :D

Looking forward to this movie a great deal.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Saw it a bit ago.... really funny, I'd recommend it highly if you liked Shaun of the Dead. Some really brilliant stuff in there!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
HOT FUZZ

So worth every penny and more. I laughed until my face hurt.

Shaun is by far one of my favorite movies. I can't watch it enough.

And Simon Pegg is one of my "Handsome Fellas."

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Hot Fuzz is truly the greatest buddy cop/conspiracy/rural action movie there is, although admittedly the selection in that particular genre is rather slim. I was actually somewhat disappointed with the movie until about halfway in because so little happened. In comparison to Shaun of the Dead in which there is action almost from the first scene Hot Fuzz really took its time to build up the characters and story before letting all hell break loose. I did appreciate them doing that though when everything broke loose, but perhaps I was expecting something else given Simon Pegg's and Nick Frost's past works.

I can't wait to see what they'll do next, though in the meanwhile I really need to get myself the DVD-box of the TV-series they made a while ago called Spaced. If you haven't seen it then I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Norwegian animated movie Free Jimmy to which Simon Pegg wrote the English screenplay and made a voiceover.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I didn't really enjoy this film at all! It definitely shouldn't have been a cinema release as it felt overall more like a tv drama. I think it is because I love the series Spaced so much and always compare what they do to that, so nothing really will ever be as brilliant.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Just rented this last night, me and the hub laughed so hard at the end! I loved the gal on the bike... opens up the basket...for the better good.
Yarb!:p
Nikki

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
We saw this one in the theater and laughed ourselves silly. I just bought it the other day and watched it again. Funny stuff. I loved Paul Freeman (for Indy fans, that's Belloq) as the priest. Loved the outtakes. lol lol

Cheers!

Dan

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I knew I would love this movie

I missed it at the cinema but saw it on DVD.
I feel the trailer gave away way too much but I still loved it.
I hate to admit I didn't recognise Paul Freeman at first. As an "Office" fan I did recognise the other Freeman though (funny how Lucy Davis was in Shaun of the Dead)
Long live, Wright, Pegg and Frost!

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust