Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi Folks Introduction

hathead

New in Town
I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I thought I was alone out in the hat wearing world until I stumbled on to this website. I find solance in the fact that there are other guys ( and girls) that appreciate a good looking hat. As I approached middle age I got tired of the "middle aged guy in the baseball cap look". One day I stumbled on to a classic looking Fedore and and was hooked. I still hang out with a bunch a of middle aged guys in ballcaps and catch a fair amount of grief from time to time. The good news is I look better than they do. I dont have any real vintage hats but from reading posts on this forum I may have to take that plunge. So far this has been an informative and entertaining forum
Cheers
Hathead

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I thought I was alone out in the hat wearing world until I stumbled on to this website. I find solance in the fact that there are other guys ( and girls) that appreciate a good looking hat. As I approached middle age I got tired of the "middle aged guy in the baseball cap look". One day I stumbled on to a classic looking Fedore and and was hooked. I still hang out with a bunch a of middle aged guys in ballcaps and catch a fair amount of grief from time to time. The good news is I look better than they do. I dont have any real vintage hats but from reading posts on this forum I may have to take that plunge. So far this has been an informative and entertaining forum
Cheers
Hathead

Welcome!

There are so many folks from Ohio here, that there should be a separate thread about the state.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Cheers
Hathead
Welcome Hathead! Be careful. This stuff is very addictive. You have been warned. :)

Welcome Hathead from a fellow Ohio resident.

Ebay is a great source for vintage hats, especially if you have a smaller size head. Also, keep a lookout at antique and vintage clothing stores, sometimes there are some gems found there.

I don't know where you are in SW Ohio, but Columbus has a store called Hat and Sole that sells new fedoras.

There's also Batsakes in Cincy which sells custom.

Good luck!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the introduction. The same thing happen to me. I wore fedoras for ages before stumbling onto this site. I too have really enjoyed myself here. I know you will too. Welcome! :cool:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Welcome Hathead I just found this place in November and it is great to find more people like me who wear hats and not just ball caps.

Jeff

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Hathead,
Welcome . You will find a lot of varied knowledge and experience about & with hats of ALL KINDS here. Read, inquire and enjoy it. :)
Onward thru the fog :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe