Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The Bash of a Hat is all about personality of the wearer. It is not nor has little to do with "Professional" its your Bash. There are many threads here in the Lounge on how to bash a hat. I understand if you are new to hats that it seems to be something a "Professional" should be doing but it is an easy task and lets you "Own" your hat.

weegee-2.jpg

The bash is yours.:)

Last edited:

jbucklin

Practically Family
The Bash of a Hat is all about personality of the wearer. It is not nor has little to do with "Professional" its your Bash. There are many threads here in the Lounge on how to bash a hat. I understand if you are new to hats that it seems to be something a "Professional" should be doing but it is an easy task and lets you "Own" your hat.

The bash is yours.:)

You just sold that idea like Donald Draper! ;)

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
I would love to be the type of guy who hand creases his hats, but I've actually never tried it. I may do try it on my silberbelly CD Delux.

I'm also thinking about getting a straw open road for the summer. Has anyone ever had one of these?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I would love to be the type of guy who hand creases his hats, but I've actually never tried it. I may do try it on my silberbelly CD Delux.

I'm also thinking about getting a straw open road for the summer. Has anyone ever had one of these?

I have an OR styled Milan, but not with a Cattleman's crease.

T Rick

Practically Family
Creasing a hat is simple, even more so if you have steam. The Camp Dradts are very forgiving, not happy, simply start over. If it comes to not being able to get the Cattleman's crease the way you really want it, try visiting a local Western Wear store that shapes hats. They'll probably be happy to help out with what should be a familiar crease for them.

jkingrph

Practically Family
Straw Stetson Open Roads are not really straw anymore. They're shantung...which is a paper product of somer kind. But they still look pretty good...if you like a casttleman's crease.

Picture026.jpg

AF

Atticus, that looks good. Remindes me of older men when I was growing up. As they say now that I is one, I'll have to get one of those straw Open Roads.

I just got an e mail back from Hat's Direct and they will bash the Campdraft for me as I have bought from them previously and they know the size is correct.

Would you mind telling a Newbie what this is all about?
Last year, we emailed Hats Direct in Australia about a special run from Akubra for a Campdraft in Heritage grade.
It is now offered on their website.
That initial post also mentioned how we got a Glen Grey Imperial grade Campdraft run the year before. Hope that clears it up for you & welcome to the Lounge...

Link

One of the Regulars
Here is my new Campdraft Deluxe.

photo-42.jpg

I took a couple of pictures with it next to my son's sand Cattleman to show how similar this Silverbelly is to Akubra's sand. In fact, I would almost bet it's the same dye, just a slight difference due to either different lots of dye or maybe the Imperial and Heritage grade felts absorb dye differently or reflect light a little differently. Of course, I'm far from being an expert, but maybe these photos will help someone decide whether this is the color they want or not.

photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Hi Link,
That is good a good photo for me. I still haven't had the chance to place my order for one. But I will probably do it today. A few posts back, there was a picture of a CD Delux in Silverbelly that looked almost tan or light golden to me. That kind of made me hesitate. I can do a cement or sand color, but I like the idea of a more silver color better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe